Convertible top

kaw21100

So yeah, part of the reason I got the S2K so cheap was because I purchased it from an insurance company with a salvage title due to it being "stolen". The convertable top was sliced open along with alot of other things taken/damaged. Everything else is taken care of, but I am still awaiting the arrival of the top. I was able to find it cheap so I didnt bother going hardtop. My question is, is this the kinda car where the top comes off in 30 min, or the kinda car that takes 16hrs? Has anyone here done one before?

You're not going to find many people that have repaired salvaged S2000's. A normal S2k owner wouldn't know the answer to this. If you can get a manual for your car, you can probably get a vague idea.

Here's an S2000 Manual for your car that might help you with a lot of your questions. 27 mb file just so you're aware.

S2000 Manual

O wow dude, this thing is 1088 pages long, complete descriptions and break down of everything. If your ever in Philly and you need something id be more then glad to help you.

O, can I ask you where you got this? or mind getting me one for an 04+ :D this one is 00-03, not that it matters too much but still. If you can't, its cool, Thank you so much

• 6 months later...

hey guys. im proud s2k owner and i have taken my soft top off many times to put the hardtop on, fabricated everything myself and it only takes about 2 hours. honda puts together cars that are relatively easy to figure out, thats why we love em. ;)

• 1 year later...

i replaced my soft top myself just the other week it took awhile but wasnt rocket science its deffinitly possible to do yourself and i suggest if you do order yours from www.topsonline.com they have the best deal and get there tops from "robbins tops" wich are in my opinion the best quality. also if you need help with instructions on how to DIY try www.s2ki.com i found an awsome DIY guide there and alot of knowlagable people

Archived