oil filter recall...

if you take your car to Honda dealerships, make sure they know about the faulty oil filters. Apparently, when they we're manufactured, the threads aren't pefectly perpendicular, therefore, possibly leak oil!!!

BEWARE!!!!

That's a common problem with Toyota's I've heard about. If you use anything that isn't made by "Toyota", the filters leak.

Alas though, I drive a Honda, and have never had a problem with a leaky filter. Not to mention, I wouldn't think the threads would effect a leak as much as having good contact between the gasket and the block...

I know several people with Camry's who have had this problem. I didn't say it was every Toyota, and it may be a certain model year or model, I don't know. I double checked with my co-worker and he said he's had 2 Camry's with the problem, so I'm sure I didn't pull this out of thin air. More power to you if you haven't had a problem.

Alas though, I drive a Honda, and have never had a problem with a leaky filter. Not to mention, I wouldn't think the threads would effect a leak as much as having good contact between the gasket and the block...

the threads aren't perpendicular to the block face, so the filter will be tilted a little bit, thereby creating a gap on the other side of the filter.

Archived