Switching all seats

Chris 32

I was wondering if anyone has switched the two front seats and the back bench in their car? I am annoyed that my car does not have leather and would like to switch all the seats. Does anyone know where this would be available for purchase? Could i buy used seats, and is the switch even worth it? Please express your opinion thanks.

By switch do you mean re-upholster?

That's not a cheap process, but can be done.

I guess since you have an accord, you could find one with leather seats and swap them in, that would be really simple, but might not match the rest of your interior, which would look sloppy.

my friend bought a kit from autoleathers.com, it came with the two front seats, the rear bench, and extra leather to do door panels, or headliner if you want. you can have them professionally installed, or buy a kit to do it yourself. i helped him put them on, and its really not that hard, it just takes some time. heres some pics of his accord.

620742_19_full.jpg

620742_3_full.jpg

620742_2_full.jpg

beside the winkles in the back seat it looks hot... scratch that it looks hot regardless... how much experience your friend have doing this and how much did it cost?

That does look really good. When i said switch seats what i was planning on trying was completely switching seats from another accord. I figgured i might be able to find them in a wrecked accord or something? As to the rest of the interior matching; i have a tan interior so i really think that it would look good. Is there a posibility in finding a wrecked accord?

yeah just check junkyards all the time, or search around on ebay, sometimes guys are parting out cars

Yea thats what i;m trying.. the only thing about ebay is that i would have to pay crazy shipping costs unless it happened to be near me (NJ).. not many junk yards near me but i'm keeping my hopes up.

its probably gonna be hard to find them in nice condition for a decent price. what part of jersey are you in? you can get a one tone leather kit for 679 or two tone like my friends for 729. might wanna consider that when comparing to other seats if you find them

its probably gonna be hard to find them in nice condition for a decent price. what part of jersey are you in? you can get a one tone leather kit for 679 or two tone like my friends for 729. might wanna consider that when comparing to other seats if you find them

Yeah i def. will.. I'm in northern NJ but honestly would be willing to drive 2-3 hours if anyone found a junked accord where i could get the seats real cheap.

dude.

there's a million junkyards near you.

I live in West Chester, PA and I drive about an hour and a half to go to the Essington Ave. Junkyards in Philly. They're like a gold mine. I bet if you made the drive you'd find some nice leather seats.

I found a lot of replacement parts for my teg, including the 5-spd cluster for my at-mt swap :)

dude.

there's a million junkyards near you.

I live in West Chester, PA and I drive about an hour and a half to go to the Essington Ave. Junkyards in Philly. They're like a gold mine. I bet if you made the drive you'd find some nice leather seats.

I found a lot of replacement parts for my teg, including the 5-spd cluster for my at-mt swap :)

Yea thanks, i think i might call ahead before i go any distance. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

its really not that hard to install. you basically roll the leather down the seat, and they supply you with hog rings to clamp onto little metal bars on the seat, then use spray adhesive. it just takes time

Archived