Rx-7 twin turbos in a 4th gen prelude

Enthu

Hi,

I can get a set of twin turbos off of a 1994 RX-7 since the guy is switching to an apexi RX-6 isamu single turbo. what would I need to do to put in the turbos. I know I probably would not want to run sequential like on the RX-7. I'll be happy if I can get at least one turbo in. they're Hitatchi turbos. thanks for any help.

you'll need to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors. bigger fuel lines are recommended. i'm not sure how much boost the stcok internals can handle, so you might need new rods/pistons. dont forget to retard the timing and open up the exhaust. if you do it right, you car will fly.

good luck.

Stock lude h22's are sposed to be good for 6-7 psi daily driven, 10psi mite be safe once in a while at the track so long as the engine is well tuned..

Be prepared for a lot of hasstle tryin to get the turbo to fit, and dont bother tryin to fit two turbos, no point on a 4 cylinder...

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I think that you'd be better off buying a turbo kit from any company cause all the money you are gonna spend on making that turbo fit into your car and the custom fabrication it would end up costing you about the same.

Plus since is a used turbo you'll had tu rebuild it to make sure you wont have any problems. You can get a turbo like the one your frien is giving you for about $300

is a matter of you doing some math and see if its worth it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah, i would suggest going with a proven turbo kit if you can afford one...in the end, all you would get from this rex turbo is the personal satisfaction. i'm sure a good turbo kit would give you a better performance output.

Archived