trouble with wiring in rear lights

civicwagovan

hi im new the forums, i have been having trouble with my rear lights and wiper. I had a burned out bulb on the right side (so i thought), so i replaced all ten of them but my right rear side still does not work except for the brake light. The wiper does not work either, nor does the liscence plate lights. When i took off the cover to replace the light everything was covered in mud?? any suggestions would be helpful

I Own a 88 honda civic wagon 4wd

nope i checked the fuses everythings all right there, but the whole right rear side doesnt, except the brake/signal light there are ten buls total in the back i replaced all of them and still nothing works on that side

10 bulbs in one tail? :o That's a lot of bulbs...I can see hmmm, brake/running light, running light, a running light for the side, signal, reverse...that's 5 where do the other 5 come in?

hmmm, well if it's not a fuse, maybe you should check the sockets. One day, I was replacing the clear bulbs in my front signals with ambers, and wondered why it only signaled, the running light wouldn't come on. So I looked at the socket, and saw that the metal connector for the running light was bent flat, while the signal connector was raised a little. So I raised the metal connector a bit with a screwdriver and VIOLA! it worked.

If that's not it, there's prolly a short/break somewhere and you'll have to fish that out with a volt meter or something...that I'm not sure how to do.

Archived