My battery is dead

bloodylook

Hey guys,

I just installed a new alternator in my car (I know it works cause i had it check before i brought it home). And if i don't drive it for a couple of days, and get in to start it, nothing. Dead completely... I have no idea what could be draining the battery. Any ideas as to what could be wrong with the electrical??

Corey

just because you bought the battery doesn't mean it can't be bad. i work at a parts place and i see it all the time people bringing back batteries that they just recently bought and we test them and they're bad. so the battery might just have a bad cell.

sounds like a ground prob or a short.

yeah it sounds like a bad ground where did you ground the lights. Im MECP certified and install all sorts of 12volt accesorys and the ground is the most important thing in the electrical system so make sure you have a good ground something like the chassis not a frame for the dash or something like that and also try and not hook it straight up to the battery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I just installed a new alternator in my car (I know it works cause i had it check before i brought it home). And if i don't drive it for a couple of days, and get in to start it, nothing. Dead completely... I have no idea what could be draining the battery. Any ideas as to what could be wrong with the electrical??

Corey

you got a draw somewhere.something is staying on thats draining the battery.(i.e. trunk light, glove box light) like what the parts guy said from above,may be the battery itself thats draining it.may sound silly,but i experienced that before.did this happen before or after you installed the alternator ?

Archived