new Del Sol project help

les.delancy

I bet its an si. ask if it says "d.o.h.c." on the valve cover. also, there will/should be a cover over the spark plugs on the vtec model, and the spark plugs will be in the middle of the valve cover, rather than in the front. the tack will go red from 8 to 9, it should say "dohc vtec" on the trunk also, like mine.

She e-mailed me and said that it red lines at 7200. So, it's either an S or an Si. She said it did have a spoiler, so I'm thinking it's an Si. So, the search is back on again. I did all this research to figure out what to buy, now I'm gona find it; no matter how long it takes!

I see that you are trying to build a Del Sol. you can get alot of hp from a SOHC vtec but you would have to build the crap out of it as well as spend alot to do so, whcih I saw that wasn't an issue for you. Some other routes to go is a motor swap. You can virtualy drop almost any motor in these things, anywhere from the B series to the H22 prelude to the Acura K series, all which have about 175 Hp or more if Vtec. I have a LS Vtec in mine, Integra LS B18B1 non Vtec bottom end with a GSR B18C1 Vtec head. I have minor engine work done full exhaust and a Skunk@ programmed ECU which can rev to 10,000 RPM's. I have redlined this motor a few times at 10,000 and the motor holds strong. Honda builds almost bullet proof engines from the factory they just have to built right, to avoid damage. I am running all motor and my track times are 9.25 in the 1/8th mile, not the fastest but definelty not the slowest. As is my car can out run most 5.0 mustangs that are still almost stock. Pretty quick car for the power to weight ratio. Del sol's weigh almost 2500 pounds vs a civic hatch at almost 1500 pounds, you put that motor in the a hatch and you would be running mid - high 8's in the 1/8th mile. Right now I am sitting at around 250hp with the setup that I have now. Might be a motor that you would want to try in the sol, if you are not satisfied and looking for more power add a turbo and call it a day. If you would like pictures of the car and motor just ask and leave a email address and I will get them to you. Hope that is of some help.

Archived