Hybrid civic

0verb00st

what's with the new gas/electric hybrid civic (not the insight)?

the commercial claims that it get 49/51 MPG. i'm not impressed by those numbers at all. i had an 87 toyota tercel that averaged 45 MPG. and i remember a few years ago there was a hond commercial (i think for the accord) that claimed 52 MPG! why doesnt this new civic get better gas mileage?

Umm, I don't know about those other numbers but I do have to admit for the price and power you do get a good deal.  

and you get to drive in the carpool lane woo hoo

• 3 weeks later...
what's with the new gas/electric hybrid civic (not the insight)?

the commercial claims that it get 49/51 MPG. i'm not impressed by those numbers at all. i had an 87 toyota tercel that averaged 45 MPG. and i remember a few years ago there was a hond commercial (i think for the accord) that claimed 52 MPG! why doesnt this new civic get better gas mileage?

Maybe because the engineers back at honda want to make an automobile that will actually be faster than walking? And as far as that tercel goes, I think it sounds pretty fishy unless you spent the years driving it around at five miles per hour without ever letting the RPM go over 1000.

• 4 months later...

Archived