00' GS-R swap

dbtower

i have a 96' civic HX with a 00' GS-R swap. it has been converted to OBD1. i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to hook the VTEC controller up. i just cant figure it out. i heard they are bacd but then i heard they are alright. i just want to do something because i was thinking about converting back to OBD2. let me know please.

---I also have a 00' automatic GS-R ECU for sale if anyone wants it

hey man, i have a gsr swap in my 97 civic and i have a vtec controller. IMO, dont get the controller. it doesnt do anygood man. you dont need to change the engagement point of vtec. its fine where it is.

hey man, i have a gsr swap in my 97 civic and i have a vtec controller. IMO, dont get the controller. it doesnt do anygood man. you dont need to change the engagement point of vtec. its fine where it is.

thanx man- had another question-- how would i go about hooking up the secondary butterfly so i could get that secondary VTEC. also what type of throttle cables would you suggest because the idiot that was helping me do all of this got some that are really loose. i dont even know what kind or where he got them

what intake manifold do you have?

im using a type r bracket and cable

just the stock intake manifold.. i might be doing a jackson racing supercharger after the first of the year. or a skunk2 manifold. depends on the money situation.

go with the skunk2 intake manifold with a larger throttle body. it will eliminate the secondaries anyway and trust me, you will love it. i love mine

alright thanx man- i got to get back to work. ill reply later cause i know i will have a lot more questions

i cant remember who said it, i think it was ssr, but they said that with the skunk2 im it doesnt open up the secondaries. i dont remember. i can tell you though, when my vtec kicks, it kicks hard.

are you saying right now your secondarys dont open up? jesus man , you dont even know how much thats hurting you , lol. and its only 1 wire.

well then could you help me out a little bit here. can you tell me what wire to hook up or replace. i need some help here. im all on my own

on the A plug of the ECU , its pinout number A26. pink/blue wire. look at your ecu plugs , see if that wire is there.

EDIT: actually , i could be wrong , what i said is for OBD2A , and that engine is OBD2B. i need to know what engine harness your using , if its still the civic harness , and what ECU you are running. hook me up with those 2 answers and i can guide you through wiring it up no prolem.

by the way , the wire your missing is called , IAB. intake air control solenoid , of course as you should all know by now , unique to the GSR.

on the A plug of the ECU , its pinout number A26. pink/blue wire. look at your ecu plugs , see if that wire is there.

EDIT: actually , i could be wrong , what i said is for OBD2A , and that engine is OBD2B. i need to know what engine harness your using , if its still the civic harness , and what ECU you are running. hook me up with those 2 answers and i can guide you through wiring it up no prolem.

by the way , the wire your missing is called , IAB. intake air control solenoid , of course as you should all know by now , unique to the GSR.

hey man- im running the civic HX harness(stock) and a 96-98 GS-R ECU. if that is what you needed.

PERFECT , lol. ok than , that wire isnt there dude. you have to take the A plug out of the ecu , one furthest to the left. looking at the end that plugs into the tranny , at the holes. here.

obd2ateg.jpg

bottom line group of 3. the one that says IAB. you need to pin that wire in the ecu as your civic has that hole empty. go to a junkyard , do it right , get an ecu pin for that hole out of a junk car , any 96-98 civic or teg. run a wire from there , to the solenoid on the intake manifold. little black box on the drivers side of the intake manifold it should be with a 2 wire plug on it. ones ground(the ground is the wire closest to the diagonal groove in the plug , not the clip side) , ones that wire from the ecu. do that and your in dude. good to go.

PERFECT , lol. ok than , that wire isnt there dude. you have to take the A plug out of the ecu , one furthest to the left. looking at the end that plugs into the tranny , at the holes. here.

obd2ateg.jpg

bottom line group of 3. the one that says IAB. you need to pin that wire in the ecu as your civic has that hole empty. go to a junkyard , do it right , get an ecu pin for that hole out of a junk car , any 96-98 civic or teg. run a wire from there , to the solenoid on the intake manifold. little black box on the drivers side of the intake manifold it should be with a 2 wire plug on it. ones ground(the ground is the wire closest to the diagonal groove in the plug , not the clip side) , ones that wire from the ecu. do that and your in dude. good to go.

thanx a lot dude. i am very appreciative of that. i will try that out tonght and let you know how everything went. thanx again

right on , no worries dude. wait till you hear and feel the difference after you get your secondaries opening. youl fall in love with your car again , lol.

right on , no worries dude. wait till you hear and feel the difference after you get your secondaries opening. youl fall in love with your car again , lol.

hey man quick question--- there is no plug over on the secondary side near the butterfly. what should i do or what exactly am i looking for?!?!?!? and the diagram that you gave me doesnt really look like the backside of my ECU????another thing - i took the OBD1 conversion jumper harness off so will that change anything you said about the wires????

oh crap , forgot about your jumper. in that case , leave the jumper in your factory ECU plugs , since the jumper prolly has the wire in it. and in OBD1 the location of the pin you need is A17. i have no pic of the OBD1 plugs like up there. but it works same way. the other end of the jumper , the end that actually goes into the ECU , look that. A17. thats the signal wire for the IAB. remember the left plug is the A plug. so when your looking at the jumper , look at the right side. since thats the left when its plugged in. the IAB requires 2 wires. and in OBD1 , the yellow/black wires in the harness , go to all 4 injectors , IAB , purge solenoig so on. the yellow/black wire feeds them power , the other wire is thier signal. so going to your IAB on the intake manifold , you should have a yellow/black wire , and the wire you run from the ecu pinned into A17.

Archived