new clutch

Guest evocivic

Guest evocivic

replacing the stock clutch in my 96 coupe. found a deal for an exedy clutch for $110. i have installed them before but dont know much about them. does anyone have any info about.

i dont really have any info for you, but i do have a question. is that clutch the one exedy makes thats pretty much a replacement for the OE clutch, or is it an actual performance clutch? the reason i ask is cause they have those damn replacement OE clutches all over ebay for like 90-130 dollars...

Guest evocivic

thanks man the one that i found was on ebay. they said that its a performance clutch but it seems to good to be true. i think you just answered my question.

ohhhhh...haha. i thought you meant info about putting on the clutch, not info about the clutch itself. lol.

ummm...let me look for something really quick. don't go away...ok here goes

here's a link to a thread i made about aftermarket or/and stock clutches for civic's. a website to exedy's site is on there (use the link the DDrew posted, its in english) they have info on all their clutches on there, aswell as the OE replacement clutch.

Guest evocivic

wheres the link??????? oooops. hahaha. anyways my question wasnt about putting on the clutch that i have done many of times on car in my team. my question was in the quality of an exedy clutch itself. even though they may be oem im still thinking about it. my present clutch isnt opperating like it should and every time i run it at the track or at autocross it slips in 3rd. if you know of anything let me know.

Guest evocivic

at the end of the summer i will be doing a b16 swap for my ex. so i just need a clutch to hold me till then. when i get the new motor im going with the clutchmasters stage 2 and a 8.5 pound flywheel. no need to spend that kind of money on a tranny that i wont be keeping. know what i meen.

Archived