Rebuild Help

IStripForHugs

Ok, so im considering rebuilding a 99 B16A before i boost it and i havent really been able to find much on the lines of difficulty and like a procedure or things to look out for when rebuilding, i know people whove rebuilt motors, but 4G63 (Mitsubishi), not honda, so im wondering what the differences are and if anyone knows how hard, how long, and if theres like a procedure anywhere or whatever, also, ive heard a lot about boring it out, and since i dont know much, a few suggestions on that would be helpful too...

if it has half decent low miles , you can 8 lbs on it stock no problem. good for at least 260 whp after tuned. dont bore the out , not unless you have to. throw a set of lower compression pistons in it and H rods , you can run more and get more.

theres nothing wrong with it, its just got a little over 100,000 on it and the kid i bought it off of didnt seem to sure of how many were on it, how many were on the car when it was put in, and how many were on it when he got it, so id like to rebuild before i boost, if i do im going to run about 15-20 lbs if not then yea just 8 but im not sure how difficult it will be do build it, any advice or suggestions?

they are 10.2 stock so. 9:1 is sufficient. unless you wanted to run like 20 lbs , than maybe 8.5:1. you can run 12 lbs tuned on a 10:1 compression honda engine. im sure 9:1 is good for lots of fun dude , lol.

Archived