Exhaust and pipe

Trepid

Well I am looking at an OBX exhuast for $165 and a full Greddy cat back 2 1/4 pipe for $400 for my 98 Civic LX and was just wondering what you guys thought of that. Is it a good deal and are the parts a good idea to get?

I don't want an exhaust that is too loud but I want it to sound good.  

Install is not included in the price above.

Well I plan on getting the AEM intake real soon but I have plans in the semi distant future to do an engine swap so I am not gonna mess with the headers until then.  This is just a first step and since this local shop has the pipe and cat there they said they would give me a deal on it.

oh sorry, it is a 2 1/2... and I think I am going to go with the B18C-R, not really sure yet but that looks like the best I can get without having to do a lot of weird things.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I am looking at an OBX exhuast for $165 and a full Greddy cat back 2 1/4 pipe for $400 for my 98 Civic LX and was just wondering what you guys thought of that. Is it a good deal and are the parts a good idea to get?

I don't want an exhaust that is too loud but I want it to sound good.  

Install is not included in the price above.

i have an OBX Muffler for sale had it on my 96 civic EX for bout 2000 miles i will sell it for 100 plus shipping its still in great condition.

email me jmhrr@cs.com

its a great sounding muffler jmhrr@cs.com

d00d I'll take you up on that, it will just be a couple of weeks before I can get the money... I have just spent my last dime on some computer hardware(and that damn Nasdaq) cool screen name by the way

• 3 weeks later...

hey trev since your car is mostly stock I wouldnt recomend you going with a 2 1/2" pipe because you would loose a lot of back pressure but since you are planning on doing the swap to a B18C5 i might be worth not having power now but later thats up to you. if all your looking for is to make some noise I would advice you to get the muffler that guy is offering you for 100 bucks after all Im sure that when you do get your ITR engine you are definetly gonna want a better exhaust for it.

Wil

Dark Age Performance

I have an Apex'1 N1 catback with 2 1'2 inch piping on a D16y8, CAI on the intake end*(no header b/c its gonna be boosted when the cash is right) it is LOUD but it sounds very nice and clean. tiny loss of low end power, but up top, and even moreso in vtec range, very noticable gain in snap(using the ass-dyno of course)

one of my crew put an OBX catback on his 2nd gen eclipse.....decent sounding, but sounded very tinny/rattly.....almost like the baffles were cheap and poorly used...you get what you pay for, so keep that in mind, but it will def. be some improvement over stock.

Archived