thinking ahead

well come this time next year im thinking of getting a b16a for the 91 civic lx. should i start buying stuff for the motor throughout the year but im not sure what all to buy for a b16a or should i get a better motor. some help i think is in order for me because im not sure what to get. (i can start buying some stuff for the car but they are not nessecarly part of the engine mostly for the suspension.)

b16a is cheaper then a gsr. you could go with a crower stroker kit which would allow you to specify a lower compression ratio such as 9.5:1 or 9:1, you'd also get h-beamed rods. or you could go with h-beamed rods, bore out the cylinders to 84 mm instead of the stock 81mm and retain the b16a's almost perfect rod to stroke ratio which is what allows it to rev like it does. combine those internals with a t3/t4 turbo or better for a street car an hks gt2840 and you'll hit some awesome hp numbers.

b16a is cheaper then a gsr. you could go with a crower stroker kit which would allow you to specify a lower compression ratio such as 9.5:1 or 9:1, you'd also get h-beamed rods. or you could go with h-beamed rods, bore out the cylinders to 84 mm instead of the stock 81mm and retain the b16a's almost perfect rod to stroke ratio which is what allows it to rev like it does. combine those internals with a t3/t4 turbo or better for a street car an hks gt2840 and you'll hit some awesome hp numbers.

very very nicely said. i could not have said it better myself. but there are a couple things i will reccomend if u go with the turbo setup. make sure you have your motor sleeved, ported, polished, multi-angle valve job, and then get a couple of ignition upgrades. liek a msd sci ignition box, msd wires, msd blaster 2 coil, splitfire plugs

to get stuff for your car? um call to any shop to see if they are a dealer for hks would be a good start, if you cant find a dealer wholesalehyperformance should have most of the stuff. i'm not sure if there is actually a kit from hks out right now, but you can always call them up and they'd be more then happy to help you setup your kit to your specs. JE, Arias, Crower are all good places for pistons and rods, but i personally am a big fan of Endyne they make really awesome pistons that range anywhere from 7.5-14.1 c.r. so they would be the best option for your engine set up.

Archived