Header question

Kicksome123

My headers came in today and I was wondering if I could use the stock exhaust manifold gasket or do I have to get a new one. Someone mentioned it to me and I was jsut making sure im right. Cause the website said I could be put the stock motor.. Please help fast. Cause I gotta put them on there this afternoon... its DC sports stainless 4-2-1 headers one piece plzzz help

you can reuse the exhaust manifold gasket. its metal so its all good, just make sure the surfaces are clean before you put on the dc header.

Clean the exhaust gasket with like a wet rag or smoething??? and just do the same with the gasket?

Well looks like my dumbass has to take it to an exhaust shop due to stripped nuts... Do you think they will be able to fix it. Right where my cant and exhaust manifold connects with the spring and bolts is a stripped bolt that I diddnt do. Then theres like 3 stripped bolts where it bolts up to the motor... Either sockets fault or air wrenches fault or mine>.< how much you think it will cost???

When i put my header ithis is what i done. I went for a drive got everything nice and hot. Then i sprayed them with deep creep. let it sit for about 30 mins. mine came right off. If you take it to a muffler shop you need to make sure that they will work on headers. alot of places wont. and if they are stripped then its gonna cost you. What ever you do dont round any off. Then theyll rape you. Good luck. Its a pretty easy job to do. i done mine in an hour.

When i put my header ithis is what i done. I went for a drive got everything nice and hot. Then i sprayed them with deep creep. let it sit for about 30 mins. mine came right off. If you take it to a muffler shop you need to make sure that they will work on headers. alot of places wont. and if they are stripped then its gonna cost you. What ever you do dont round any off. Then theyll rape you. Good luck. Its a pretty easy job to do. i done mine in an hour.

my brother told me theres this gator thing thats a socket with teeth on it that will get stipped nuts off, is this true???

Yeah, that saved my butt when I was taking off my rusty old heat shield that was rattling.

You can also pound on a smaller socket but that's risky. It works sometimes, though.

You prolly stripped them by using too large a socket or just trying to do it too fast so it wasn't on properly. Patience is a virtue -- in the future.

WEll haahah... When I tried installing my header was at my friends house(my mom despises performance parts) I was using his dads greasy tools. I just went outside and used my sockets and got the stripped bolts off with ease with the breaker bar as mycarsux said... Thanks all. Cant wait till tommorow or monday to put them on =D

You don't have to buy a breaker bar. You can use anythinkg that's long (*snicker giggle giggle*) as a breaker bar. Lax sticks and hockey sticks, work well.

Yea I know I used one of my pros pull-up bars that weighs around 30 lbs, it was pretty easy, cant wait till I get the headers on.. How much top speed you think they will add or hp or whatever???

The possibilities are endless. You could do some headwork, turbo it, or go for the NA and get some ITB's with lots of headwork. Or stay little and get an IM, or a TB, you could do some cosmetic mods. There is soooo much you can do.

I dont really wanna do engine dress up I just want hp :thumbsup:

Archived