1989 CRX SI B16 SWAP

89crxsi1003

Ok ive got a 1989 SI and going to do a B16a2 swap motor and tranny with 61,000 for 2200.00 good price?

well the question i have is what ECU will come with this motor its bone stock?

and i know i will need axles,mounts,shift linkage. is that all ill need and where will i get the parts from what kind of honda what years or will this all have to be bought with like a swap kit?. i know im going with hasport mount.Is there a better then stock axle to go with??

Ok ive got a 1989 SI and going to do a B16a2 swap motor and tranny with 61,000 for 2200.00 good price?

well the question i have is what ECU will come with this motor its bone stock?

and i know i will need axles,mounts,shift linkage. is that all ill need and where will i get the parts from what kind of honda what years or will this all have to be bought with like a swap kit?. i know im going with hasport mount.Is there a better then stock axle to go with??

the ecu will prolly come with the motor. if it doesnt you can get one off ebay or craigslist, or snag one off a 96/97 del sol vtec, or an ek civic si.

preferably for you , a 1st gen OBD0 ECU would be best. unless your future plas include tuning , in which case go OBD1 now.

OBD0 - PR3 , PW0

OBD1 - P30 , P28 if your chipping it.

• 4 weeks later...

ok im about to order my motor now the question is its a hydralic tranny can u change my cable to a hydralic? in know if its possible ill need master,brake line,slave cylinder. or should i buy one of the conversion kit for 400.00? 1 more thing crx's dont have power steering and the b16a2 is so do i just not use the pump and remove it??

Thanks for all the advice

ok im about to order my motor now the question is its a hydralic tranny can u change my cable to a hydralic? in know if its possible ill need master,brake line,slave cylinder. or should i buy one of the conversion kit for 400.00? 1 more thing crx's dont have power steering and the b16a2 is so do i just not use the pump and remove it??

Thanks for all the advice

You can, but it's going to be easier to find a cable tranny instead. Also, if you're keeping the CRX rack, which I see no reason not to, then remove the power steering pump. In fact, it might not fit anyway.

Get a cable trans. You'll need a conversion harness for the ECU. Get a P28 and a harness from kingmotorsports.com (look under Boomslang).

Autozone axles. Lifetime warranty owns.

+1 for cable trans , you dont even want to get into that. dont worry about power steering. its of no concern as your car isnt power steering. this way you dont need to run extra accessorys of the engine anyways. he wont need a conversion harness if he runs it OBD0. IACV wire conversion. and eliminate the CKF(crank fluctuation sensor located on crank pully side of engine behind timing cover). the 99-00 B16A2 dizzy will work fine too. you can use that dizzy for OBD0. just needs to be repinned. or best way to do it , would be to hack your engine harness thats in the car , get the preplug for the dizzy off an OBD2B car , and wire it to your OBD0 harness. so you can plug the OBD2B dizzy into your OBD0 harness.

ok so if i was to get this what would i need

http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search...&item=30003

i was told i would have to rewire the injectors and the dissy????

would the axles fit in the hub w/o and modifying?

and i would have to wire the vtech is this as complicated as it sounds??

does anyone have any info on the swap 89 crx si b16a with a cable tranny? or a website? the ecu that comes with this swap is it obd1 or obd0? and whats in my rex now obd0 right?

one more thing would i need the harness jumper kit?

Archived