Uhh, New guy?

21JumpStreet

What's up? I'm new here from Shreveport, LA. I drive a 96 Honda Accord 4dr 2.2L. I now have CAI and projection lights. I'm in the process of preping my car now to roller paint it. Hope that turns out ok. Once i finish painting it i'll post some pics. Feels good to be with HF.

Welcome to HF. if you got any questions just ask and we can help you out.

Sweet! I was wondering how would i paint my side mirrors and door handles with the rollor? would i have to get a brush also? stumps the hell out of me!

i dont think i would use a brush at all, it would just drag to much paint around and give u little tiny streakes. maybe like a spunge or a small acurate rollers. i guess u might be able to use a bursh if u only use it for dabbing. i read about one kid doing ithis and honestly i dont know much about it except for what i've picked up from other people and trying to relate my own experiences with regular painting but its not quite the same. the kid that i heard about wet sanded it after every cote dried so i guess that would take out the streeaks.

yeah, i know that i have to wetsand it after every coat, or every two coats. I have printed out some things from the threads about roller painting and there was no info on painting hard to reach areas. I'll try the sponge b/c the roller that i have to use is a sponge roller. I guess as long as i tape eveything good enough and wetsand it smooth it'll turn out ok. i'll try and post my results. But if anyone know more about this please reply.

THanx for the help

i dont think i would use a brush at all, it would just drag to much paint around and give u little tiny streakes. maybe like a spunge or a small acurate rollers. i guess u might be able to use a bursh if u only use it for dabbing. i read about one kid doing ithis and honestly i dont know much about it except for what i've picked up from other people and trying to relate my own experiences with regular painting but its not quite the same. the kid that i heard about wet sanded it after every cote dried so i guess that would take out the streeaks.

u dont get lines whit a brush unless u get a brush that is post to do lines. and u dont put a lot of paint on the brush so you dont "drag to much paint around"

21 Jump Street ~ when you planing on painting it? are you goann like work on the project over a few mounths or nock it out in a week

I'm knocking out the big stuff in about a week, but it is an ongoing project. I'm from New Orleans and i'm making my car sort of Saints themed, but not ricey. black and gold basically. i'm doing the black myself. and i was wondering about painting inside the doors and the engine bay. would i do that with spray also?

I'm a bit retarted and i have a hard time telling the difference between foam and sponge. i believe everything i bought was foam. I even bought one of those foam brushes just to see how it will turn out.

PS

Wal-Mart has this great little electric sander for $14. Bought one last night and it works great.

What would i wash my car with once i'm done prepping?

Duh. I should have know that. just thought there was some special crap to get all of the dust off. I really hate automatic car washes. Everyone does. Could i possibly just send my car through one of those since it's already effed up from sanding it? Just wanna be lazy and use my energy on painting.

Archived