motor swap

Guest evocivic

Well, I figured mechanic X working at Y wage per Z hours would be a good estimate. The body shop beside where I work are at $40/hr wage, I know mechanics go much higher than that. How long did it take you to do?

I'd rather Naturally Aspirate my car than anything, that's why I want to know how much money I would be seenig leaving my pocket.

How long did it take you to do?

like i said, the motor is/was on an engine stand being built. makes the job much easier if it isn't in the car. also everything was squeeky clean (it makes a difference on how quick you get crap done) and didn't have any fluid in it. it took me around 3-4 hours to complete the job.

own a 96 ex and want to drop a b16a. found one for $1,500 from japan with less than 15000 miles on it. wondering if anyone knows of any better deals.

you guys can go off topic.. :laugh::laugh:

hey , you gotta pretty good deal.. better then what i can find.. :laugh::laugh:

back on topic:

the b16a is a joke, i would't pay more than 400 for one.

It isn't a joke, it all depends on what you want out of a motor. It may not be the fastest out there, but it's better than the factory sohc, and non-vtec motors that come in civics. It's a low budget upgrade. I've seen all motor b16's running 12.5 all day long, and daily driven. That's not a joke to me.

Dave Hickman has the quickest b16a in the world. (Is still a 1.6L engine.) It holds the record as of now. 9.65 @142mph. Keep in mind, this is a full blown race car, with a rollcage, and a fiberglass body and slicks. He owns DHRacing in California. He guarantees that if you send him your B16 he can have you running 12.5 all day, everyday, n/a. It's mostly in the head work. I know there are faster engines and cars out there, but that's not bad for a B16.

I know if you take a b16 and a b18, take the same amount of money and spend it on both, the b18 will come out on top. I was just saying a b16 can be made to be fast also.

LOL

would you rather have a whole candy bar for a dollar, or half a candy bar for a dollar?

yes, we all know b16s can be made fast. but it is impossible to get a b16 as fast as a b18, with an equal amount of money invested.

so, whats the point? to say "you did it"? thats cool, you did it, but im still going faster. whatever floats your boat.

Archived