Motor thought

Jason89

Well I have two hondas one is 1988 prelude and my current one is a 1989 accord. The lude comes with an a 2.0 DOHC and the accord comes with a 2.0 alos but is a soch. My question is could I put the dohc head on a sohc motor? Would I need to take the computer out of the lude and put it in the accord? Both are automatics. I was just thinking on it, as my lude is all torn apart (its a rust bucket) and the accord just has that lack of power.

ANy ideas I'm looking into what I can do with this curent motor.

Future plans was to get the current motor rebuilt (with the best) turbo it, rebuild the suspenion, then make the car look fancy (body kit, nice paint job) then work on the interior

Any ideas on what is possable for these little soch engins would be gr8!!!

For those who don't know

sohc means single over head cam

dohc means dual over head cam

Future plans was to get the current motor rebuilt (with the best) turbo it, rebuild the suspenion, then make the car look fancy (body kit, nice paint job) then work on the interior

personally...if it was me...i wouldn't spend any money on the car. the engine doesn't have much potential, turboing it is pretty much out of the question. it is possible, don't get me wrong, however you have to stop and think "is it worth the money" to get the motor to where it can handle boost. just save up for a newer car.

aahhh now come on?? Wheres the fun in that :D I pesonally like the 86-89 accords, I love the look to them, don't get me wrong the newer ones are faster and such, but I'd like to have that old honda look with the power of the newer cars. It'd be fun!! Any other help?? or ideas :p

i know nothing about honda stuff, but why waste the money swapping heads when you could just swap engine or something...seems like there some other choice that could yeild a better performing engine... but once again...i have no idea what i'm talking about, it's just that i'm always suprised with all the different engine swaps people do...so maybe there's one for your car. :crazy:

Archived