Gas mileage???

:( I have a 91 Accord Se with a 125k on it. The avg gas mileage i got about 17-18 (mostly local). Is that normal (with new eng. oil, trans fluid, cleaned fuel injector, air, oil filter, easy driving)?

If it too low, how to check the problems and improve the gas mileage.

As gas price go more expensive everyday now, I don't want to spend to much $ in gas!

Thank you!

Maybe get a tune up? Hmmm, 17-18 mpg seems kind of low for an Accord. In another board, someone had some bad gas mileage and someone else suggested checking the PCV valve.

like buddy did say a tune up might help...some gas boost maybe..just go tdont mind me just didnt want to start a different topic....but we have a problem with hubbies 91 civic..it is a gas guzzler..do you think it is the exhaust system...

back on topic...did you find a solution for your car.... well dont keep us in the dark.. hrough your car and do a good tune up like the man said...lol

Maybe get a tune up? Hmmm, 17-18 mpg seems kind of low for an Accord. In another board, someone had some bad gas mileage and someone else suggested checking the PCV valve.

like buddy did say a tune up might help...some gas boost maybe..just go tdont mind me just didnt want to start a different topic....but we have a problem with hubbies 91 civic..it is a gas guzzler..do you think it is the exhaust system...

back on topic...did you find a solution for your car.... well dont keep us in the dark.. hrough your car and do a good tune up like the man said...lol

What kind of tune up I have to do? I don't know much about car but I can do basic stuff. I also plan to:

-change spark plug and wire

-timing belt, adjust timing

-O2 sensor

Thing I have done: :

engine oil, trans fluid, filter (air, oil, fuel), took the fuel injection out and clean it, use techron (BG44k too strong for it - 40hrs+"2 bottles" the use of techron work, noticeable sign: the idle speed lower by 100rpm, no misfired with 87 gasoline). Smoke check good, very low emission (comparable to 5 years old cars)

Gas mileage now is avg ~19 mpg (local). Original (new 91 SE) 22 local, 28 highway.

Do you guy thing its run at its best. Some folks said that they can run 400-600 mi with a full tank ~14gal (mix condition) . Is that true?

What else can I do? Gas price going up everyday now (~10c per 4-5 days) I don't want to burn more $? Help me out!

400-600 miles on one tank? no. they are bullcrapting you. you would have to have a 13.333333 gallon gas tank to run 400 miles on one tank, and thats getting 30 mpg. 400 divided by 30 = 13.3 repeating.

as for gas prices. its probably just something your going to have to live with. there are a couple stations in town that are charging $2.13 for premium gas (93 octane). its crazy. i spent 18 bucks yesterday to fill my car up (about 10.8 gallons at 1.83 per gallon. middle grade gas (89 octane i think)

Which grade of octane you guys prefer to use to get the highest performance and best gas mileage. I saw a lot of argument but nothing are actual true at all. I usually use 87. never 91 or 93.

Which gas brand quality are the best? (76, chervon, costco, shell, arco...)

That would help we save some money on gas now and the future. Who know the gas price will be tomorrow!

Gas rebate would also help the situation: Chase freedom (5%), Shell - Citibank (3-6%)

I want to save as much as possible on gas as everyone else would do.

i use the middle grade...whatever octane that is. its either 89 or 91...can't remember right now. its gets good gas mileage, and goor performance. can't complain. as far as preferred gas stations...any of them. i never, ever, go to chevron cause i don't like it...and i never go to any run down places. citgo is ok. i mostly go to kangaroo though. :D

I use Premium, which is 91. (What happened to that 1 octane...why can't we get 92 back!?) Oh well, I regularly visit Mobil. I will only goto Shell or Exxon if I've noticed I drove 40 miles after the gas light comes on and can't find a Mobil. I hate Arco, Citgo, and Chevron.

400-600 miles on one tank?  no.  they are bullcrapting you.

i use 87 octane. about people geting 4-6 hundred miles to a tank its not bull crapt at least with the newer cars. my 01 civic gets about 4-5 hundred miles to a full tank.

oh yeah in my 91 civic why would i be only getting 200 miles to a tank, anyone know.

Archived