Any Love for a @nd Gen Civic?

Fujison

Hi,

I am looking for some info on what engines I can swap into a 81 civic 1500 DX 5spd. I am not sure that the engine in it now is the 1500. I am not looking to drag the car, just daily drive. Thanks for any help.

Fujison

Can it not be rebuilt? If not look in a junkyard for a direct replacement. Is the 81 civic Fuel Injected or Carbed? Not sure when the change took place but if it's carb'd I don't know what you'd have to do to swap a fuel injected motor. I bet that civic doesn't weight anything.

The '81 is carbed...I believe it weighs around 1700-1900lbs. It went on a buffet diet and grew bigger than the 1st gen civics. I think they are pretty good at getting you to and from places on the cheap.

I bought mine for 150 dollars. so I can spend the rest of my budget making it a solid daily driver.

thanks for your comments,

Fujison