Overinflated tires

I just checked out my tires today to see if they needed any inflation since i've had my 06 ex coupe for about 7 months now ( I know, seems a little late to be checking them, but my dad checked them not too long ago and told me "they were fine") and it seems that my two front tires are over by 4 psi (Supposed to be 32 psi and are actually 36 psi, stupid dealership overinflated them). I was wondering what problems does this pose performance/gas mileage/tire-wear wise and if I should just deflate them back to normal or let them stay since thats how they came from the dealer?

it will wear out the centers like pyro said, but also, did you check your tire pressure after driving or when the tires were cold? because there will be a difference in PSI.

only 4 psi? lol , 4psi can be twice the difference between win and lose on the track , lol. and on the street , although not as important , is still very. affects the cars handling and tire wear dramatically. the sticker on the dor will tell you exactly what your supposed to run in your tires , regardless if there 195/60/15 , or 205/40/17. you still run 32 lbs in em tops , unless your carrying a bunch of weight in the car.

Cranny I replied at the same time you did so I didn't get that till now haha. But yeah it's just pretty much me and the car no junk in the trunk and one passenger about 50% of time. The door says 32 psi all round and my fronts are 36 psi, dumb huh.

Archived