Anyone Else's Parking Brake Useless?

harrisssssss

yeah, call up honda and see what they say. i couldn't live without my parking brake (having a manual transmission and all). it might be a recall, it might just be defective. then again, you might could just take it to them and have them tighten it up as civgrl01 said.

hope you have a automatic :laugh:

I know i am good...lol...j/k dont wanna get a big head like soe people...(my hubby)...sssh. See females can have some good points.. well good luck....

oh yeah if you have a stick then i would suggest some brick or something just in case and dont park on a hill... i would be parranoid as hell...love christy

If you have a stick, I am guessing you keep the car in 1st instead of neutral when you park so it doesn't roll. If you have an auto tranny it's not THAT important, and if you live in a cold area, I have heard of people who had problems with their PB overnight in well below freezing.

Also, does it 'click' when you pull it up (you know, the cranking noise) Sometimes I have to push the button in and pull up to engage it, it doesn't crank but it still works.

Thanks all for taking the time to respond. Darksaint, it does "ratchet" but that's about it. I have attempted to adjust the cable but no luck. I suppose that I really need to find a trusted local mechanic. I feel like it I take it to the Dealer, that they're going to insist on changing and charging me for new rear shoes (which I have already tried) and I'll be right back where I started. I'll start asking other Civic owners here at work where they take theirs...

i wouldn't recommend just leaving your car in first...for one, it can still roll. and two, it puts a lot of stress on the entire drivetrain. just buy some bricks and don't park on big hills.

you have to remember that when you take your car to the dealer your taking it to somebody CERTIFIED to work on your car, and who specializes in honda's. not just a all around in general mechanic that is going to use techniques he learned on a chevy when he was younger on your modern honda.

i wouldn't recommend just leaving your car in first...for one, it can still roll.  and two, it puts a lot of stress on the entire drivetrain.  just buy some bricks and don't park on big hills. 

you have to remember that when you take your car to the dealer your taking it to somebody CERTIFIED to work on your car, and who specializes in honda's.  not just a all around in general mechanic that is going to use techniques he learned on a chevy when he was younger on your modern honda.

ih ope you have a humor but didnt i say bricks...lol...j/k...i still love ya anyways......or you can buy the part and put it in your self or someone else

Archived