Exhaust System

BuddySol

So anyone got one laying around for a Honda del Sol? This is what became of mine last nite...

fcb9d227.jpg

Yup. Not sure what to do. My friend says it might be covered under some manufacturing warranty, since exhausts shouldn't be doing this at all. But I dunno, either way I'm gonna have to replace the sucker...so I need something that's really cheap/used yet similar to my GReddy...

That's looking inside the exhaust pipe coming out of the muffler. You should just be staring into a black hole...but the piping in the muffler fell...which is why you can see the top of the inner piping and the steel-mesh stuff inside the muffler.

It sucks. My car is 20x louder than any ricer on the road now...and you can hear the piping just knocking around in the muffler when turning...

dude that sucks. did it just happen or did you do something to make it happen? maybe you could just call up greddy and get a free system out of them...stay on the line for as long as you can and they might give in. or maybe they can give you a discounted one, open box or damaged box one. you never know.

Yah...I don't think I did anything to provoke that to happen. Not that I think I could anyway. It's a good exhaust IMO. I'm prolly gonna see what I can do about it with GReddy. I just hope they know what I'm talking about cause it's hard enough explaining it to people online.

Well I heard back from GReddy and they told me that there's a 1 year mfg. warranty on their products before 01/01/01. Anything after that is 3 year mfg. warranty with registration and proof of purchase. Then they went into a whole spiel on how to return the exhaust for inspection at which they will either give you a new one or not.

I figured that they'd say they wouldn't cover it, considering my exhaust is 7 years old :p It was fun while it lasted, but now I don't know what to do...

I decided to stick with GReddy. To match everything else GReddy on my car...the turbo kit, intercooler...BOV...so yup. To bad my GReddy windshield banner was weathered years ago. HAHA, I'd still sport it if I still had the banner, but oh well. I guess now a days people would call "rice" at me...OH NO! now that would be bad :rolleyes:

I gotta say tho, can't complain about GReddy. Considering this exhaust lasted me this long...and I've heard nothing bad about the turbo. As in for SOHC D-Series...most would agree for running low boost, the GReddy by far is the best. I ain't planning on tearing up the strip or running kids down on the freeway...just need a little more oomph to keep up with the stock cars coming out 200+hp these days :D

how many estimated horses are you gonna be running with the turbo? did ya get the greddy intercooler too? :laugh:

maybe you should just tell greddy about your car and see if they will send you some greddy decals and banners for your car, kinda like a sponsor. give me a free exhaust system, and i'll sport all the rest of your greddy stuff and you decals and such.

i'd do it...who cares if people would call the decals "rice." i say it would look nice.

Yes, I also sport the rather ugly looking Type31 GReddy IC. I'm figuring better numbers than stock. Most people run around 160whp with stock internals, no intercooler, no bov, no nothing on 5.5-6psi. So somwhere between that and 200whp I figure with what I'm planning. That tho is a secret! :ninja:

Don't know much about FI...but my friends here are schooling me everyday with my "newbie" questions :D

Yah. I had to cause I didn't want to attract cops with an ear for loud exhausts. Especially with mine which surpassed the large angry hornets in a small tin can sound. Although I'm happy with my new exhaust, I would have rather saved that money for the other things I planned for the rest of my car. But oh well, things break...couldn't expect an aftermarket exhaust system to last forever.

Archived