New Owner

Gsj

I just got a del sol VTi and thought I'd look for some sites, this one looks good but definetly needs more members (so I joined), If I meet more delsol owners I shall tell them of this site.

I could do with some help! I need to replace the light in the heater control unit, does anyone know how this unit comes out? I have tried (there is screws above the stereo), but I don't want to force things too hard incase I break something. Any info would be appreciated, thanx.

gsj

im notta crx del sol owner, but there are a few that dose own a del sol , BuddySol, CivicRacingGirl7, a few more others .. but i dont know much people.. :laugh:

oo and welcome to the board man!!

dont know much about preludes but all i can say is that all honda's are pains. they hide screws on you so you have to take it to someone. But depending on the year it wont that bad well good luck

ps welcome

Yah, I have had the same problem about the lights in the climate control console. I have been meaning to replace it, but I've taken apart that dash so many times I'd rather just have someone else do it...(and I still am really clueless as to what size the bulbs are anyway...)

But, to take the climate control unit out...

Take out the center console...remove your radio. Feel or look along the bottom of the climate control and in the middle somewhere is the screw which holds the climate control in. After removing the screw, you need to remove the cable that runs from the temp. select, which from what people tell me you just pull out from the back. It is located along the back right I believe. Then you can slide out the climate control with ease. That's as far as I got. When you figure the rest out, let me know... :laugh:

A really good resource on del Sols is http://www.teamdelsol.com They have everything and anything you ever need to know about a del Sol.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx for the Info, It helped tons. I got my lights going at last!

To replace the bulbs, remove the Stereo and its cage, pull the Temperature slider knob and fan speed dial off, remove the screw below the fan control pot, remove the screw directly in the center underneath the climate control, now the tricky bit, to remove the plug from the back of the unit you have to push two clips down and pull it out at the same time!! or you could just remove the cable holder on the right hand side of the frame under the unit, this will give you enough slack to pull the unit out far enough to get two screws out from below the front of the unit and unclip the front panel, be cautious here as the temperature slider arm will fall out (Iwas fortunate that it didn't fall inside the center console!), you can now pull out the two bulbs and remove the blue covers from them for your new ones. When putting the unit back together make sure that the slider arm grabs the slider (I did this in the dark with a torch and wandered why I only had hot air!!) It's a good idea to check that the lights work before putting back together.

Hope this can help anyone who needs more light! :)

I got Ring RU286 12V 1.2W Capless W2x4.6d Indicator & Panel bulbs. The job should take you no longer than an hour, and the tools you need are - Radio keys (sorry, a bit obvious!), a dumpy phillips and a small flatblade screwdriver (for getting the cage tabs out), a small set of pliers to remove the bulbs and maybe a 12 volt testlamp to check that the bulbs are getting powered when you turn the lights on (I tested the holders when I saw that there were 2 bulbs).

Carefull not to drop any screws in the center console as I did, guaranteed never to be found! :ninja:

Have fun!!

Archived