Half ass job.

ObieTrice

This is gonna sound strange but my friend gave me his cold air intake that he said would fit all 96-00 honda civics. Well apparently it doesnt because i could find no possible way for it to fit. I was wondering would it work if i just put half os the intake in and used it like a short ram with no vaccumm hoses or anything. I reved the engine and it sounded fine. Would this cause any problems. Thanks.

I tried putting it in every way possible and none of them would let the intake fit, unless u have to put the filter in by going under the car. Would this be a problem though if i left only 1 of the pipe in and had nothing hooked up to it other than the stuff that goes to the intake manifold?

if it's a long intake, then it runs through a hole and yes the filter would go on from underneath...behind the splash shield in the wheel well. so it doesn't have any plugs for the sensors that used to be in the old tube?

there was nothing that was plugged into the old tube, I wish i knew how to describe it. There were several plugs going into the intake manifold that i didnt need to remove. But noting that was going into the old tube that was taken out. However there is a hole in the new one and two little pipe outlets that look like pinky's coming out of it. Sorry im not sure what anything is called.

if you're positive there was nothing running into the old tube, just seal off the open plugs in the new tube. but there should have been a sensor or two coming out of the old one. just check it again to make sure. what year was your car again?

did you remove the old filter box? that's where the new filter would go if it's a short intake. if it's a long intake, then you'll see a hole underneath the old filter box through which the new tube has to go, and the filter goes on underneath

Archived