Slipping Clutch?

Squashua

Every now and then, mostly when I'm driving with the A/C on, my car will go just fun then loose all power and just go as is even when I'm pressing the gas...I'm thinking that thats b/c of my a/c cause it dosnt do it unless I have the A/C on, lOl. AANywho, back to the question. Sometimes when shifting into 2nd or 3rd, I can hear a squeek, only if I have the windows down. And thats just normal (granny) shifting. I don't have problems like that when I power shift or anything. What possibly could be the problem?

Sorry that it took me a bit to reply, but I don't really power shift at all...occasionally, I know I shouldn't though. But I'll check that cylinder out...thx.

shifting sqeak is prolly bushings. and as far as slipping clutch goes , i dont get one word of what your saying. not once did you mention any symptoms that have to do with a clutch slipping. master cylinder sohc?? how the hell do you even come to that conclusion with that info? your car dies with AC on cause like most 4 cyl cars , they have not enough torque to multi task.

Ya, I know I could have put symptoms before thinking of anything wrong with my clutch or what not. Plus I work 3 jobs so I don't havev to much time to look and see what exactly is wrong. And my car dosn't die with the a/c but it goes from being just fine like it would w/o the a/c but then to no power back and forth repetedly when i'm going one same speed...something around 40...and you can feel it kinda jerk when it gets its power back. If that's normal, I won't worry about it. I'll just check the bushings and see what I can tell you as soon as I get a chance.

if it's too often though, and making that noticable of a difference, there may possibly be something wrong with the a/c compressor. i had the same symptoms with my a/c in my old sohc motor, i just kind of ignored it for a while, and then my compressor exploded...yes, exploded. it broke the metal and blew the back half of itself to pieces

ha...there was refridgerant spraying everywhere for about a minute. i'm glad someone from the EPA wasn't watching

shifting sqeak is prolly bushings. and as far as slipping clutch goes , i dont get one word of what your saying. not once did you mention any symptoms that have to do with a clutch slipping. master cylinder sohc?? how the hell do you even come to that conclusion with that info? your car dies with AC on cause like most 4 cyl cars , they have not enough torque to multi task.

Wow cranny, I thought even you would know a leaking CMC would cause a squeek. I thought this dude knew that his AC was killing power... I had what I thought to be a squeeky clutch and replaced my leaking CMC. Squeeking noise stopped...

Wow cranny, I thought even you would know a leaking CMC would cause a squeek. I thought this dude knew that his AC was killing power... I had what I thought to be a squeeky clutch and replaced my leaking CMC. Squeeking noise stopped...

only problem with that dude is he never said it sqeaked when pushing on clutch , he said it was during shifts(i assume moving the shift lever). so before trying to make me look stupid , get your crap straight , cause the only one you made a fool of is yourself g , lol . and to go a step further , CMC is not the only cause of sqeaky clutch and near the most common. pressure plate and pedal itself is most common.

An grease-hungry TOB can squeek as well. I wasn't trying to make you sound like a fool. I know you know your crap... Hell, u know more than me. I thought he meant like after he shifted and as he let the clutch out... What did you mean by the way Squasha?

Its when I'm pushing in on the clutch...sry cranny...again, Lol...for not being so clear. But the thing is is that its when I'm pushing in on the clutch and shifting into 2nd maybe 3rd is the only time that it happens.

if it doesnt do it everytime(or when sitting still) , i still say shifter bushings. but if it does it all the time and when sitting still than id go with sohc diagnosis , or pressure plate , ive seen so many sqeak. on the norm an actuator that is driven by fluid wont sqeak. theres nothing in a slave or master cylinder to sqeak really , the piston inside but i doubt it , not saying its impossible , im saying its not probable.

listen close to where its coming from squashua.

Archived