Rear tirer rubbing

treydawg00

I have a 2000 honda civic ex and my back tire is rubbing when making a right turn. This all started to happen after I installed a camber kit. I also replaced the back struts with KYB sturts because the driver side was out So I was wondering if anybody on here new what could be causing my tire to rub. I have 18inch rims(I know thats not what you guys like but I got a good deal on them) on it. So if anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Trey

I have a 2000 honda civic ex and my back tire is rubbing when making a right turn. This all started to happen after I installed a camber kit. I also replaced the back struts with KYB sturts because the driver side was out So I was wondering if anybody on here new what could be causing my tire to rub. I have 18inch rims(I know thats not what you guys like but I got a good deal on them) on it. So if anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Trey

well, when ur tires are cambered they are pulled in and away from the fender when u str8en the camber u pull the top of the tire towards the fender thus causing the rubbing. U will eaither have to roll the fender or adjust it out of camber a little... Hope I helped a little

well, when ur tires are cambered they are pulled in and away from the fender when u str8en the camber u pull the top of the tire towards the fender thus causing the rubbing. U will eaither have to roll the fender or adjust it out of camber a little... Hope I helped a little

So from what you are saying my only options are to either have my tires wear wrong or to have imy fender rubbing the sidewall...if that is the case that really sucks because the tires I have are pretty pricey. Is there nothing else I could do? ANd why doesnt it do it on the passenger side?

Jack it up, to where you can fit something round in there, like a baseball bat, MAKE SURE ITS WOODEN, If you use metal you will mess up the paint. Make sure the fenders are hot, so the paint doesnt chip(hot day, hairdryer...). Put the object in at an angle facing down and slowly roll it back and forth along the tire, be patient, and slowly increase the angle. You need to make many passes. I will see if I can find a link with pictures.

Archived