VTEC

ObieTrice

Your engine doesn't have vtec, so I don't know what you would be hooking up. Are you asking if you can use the ecu, or are you asking if using that ecu will make your car have vtec? Or do you not have the B18A/B any more?

Oh, then yes you should have no problem using that ecu. Do you still have the stock GSR IM? If so stick with that ecu, if not get a P28 (I think that's right) You'll need the GSR ecu to make the secondaries work on the GSR IM.

No problem. The only other thing to keep in mind is that if you plan to get your car tuned with hondata or something like that, you'll have to convert to OBD-1 and you'll want to use the P28. You'll need an conversion harness too. So, if some sort of tuning is in your near future (which it probably should be with an LS-VTEC) you'll end up having to convert with a P28.

there is a P72 obd1 ECU as well hung. which will work instead of buying a P28. he doesnt have to go P28. its just the favorite cause there more plentiful than P72. if your gonna run boost or any EMS(except AEM) youl need obd conversion to 1. i dont know whos idea 2- o2 sensors was but couldnt you just choke the bastard?hahaha

Archived