malfunction indicator lamp problems

zoomin_ludeSH

Since i got my new exhaust and intake installed, the check engine light keeps coming on. Diagnostics is reading too many volts to the o2 sensor. I guess this means i am running lean and getting too much oxygen and not enough fuel in my mixture. Gas mileage has gone up to 23 from 19. Power is lacking!

I replaced the O2 snsor at 80,000 miles when i first had a problem. Before mods

Any suggestions.

lol get a computer chip, you can program them for diff mods, i had the same problem with my truck and the only way i could have gotten rid of it was to get a computer to compensate for the added O2. or hey what about a better fuel pump?

The fuel pump was replaced at 75,000 but it was just an OEM replacement. Perhaps upgrading the pump would solve the problem.

I have seen alot of different upgrade chips for my car. I know there are some scams out there. I am a little unsure the best route to take when upgrading my computer.

Any suggestions?

ummmmm i don't really know about performance chips for imports (i just bought my honda) but i know jet performance chips is a trusted brand for domestics. they sell import chips on there site though. i've hear about Hondata ALOT on this forum so they must be good, they've got dyno charts that boast 25+ hp on there sights and a crap load of tuning options

www.jetchip.com

http://www.hondata.com/

EDIT: the funny thing about that is that most of the instrustions of exhausts and intakes is the final step usually sais to drive around normally for a while so the cars computer can re-learn the new flow rates, but they don't always learn it, depepnding on the vehicle. my truck never learned it, but all my friends with V8s have, is that just cuz the engine is bigger and able to better compensate?

I have tried getting my computer to acknowledge the mods i have put on but it wont... i can get the light to stay off for about a day - 100 miles - but thats it...

I have tried reseting the computer by disconnecting the battery, reseting with a diagnostics connector, and pulling the main fuse.

I dont plan on running a turbo on my car...at least anytime in the near future.

What Hondata ECU upgrade should i get? s100? s200? and is that the full ecu or just an upgrade part?

I just want this damn CEL to go away...sick of running in limp mode...lol

Loud and scary just slow as crap..of course compared to what i am used too!

Archived