Speakers 6X9 to replace smaller front speakers

SRIHonda

Quick question yall...would 6x9 speakers fit ok to replce the front speakers..my front i have sony xplod but they sound low and when i try and eq my system the rear sounds good but not as good as they did when i have the eq even with the front...so im thinking to put my 6x9 jensens in the front doors and put some 6x9 jbl in the rear...cant it work?...and also how would i remove the front door panels?...i didnt install the sony xplods in the front the car came with them...:thumbsup: all help appreciated guys

Quick question yall...would 6x9 speakers fit ok to replce the front speakers..my front i have sony xplod but they sound low and when i try and eq my system the rear sounds good but not as good as they did when i have the eq even with the front...so im thinking to put my 6x9 jensens in the front doors and put some 6x9 jbl in the rear...cant it work?...and also how would i remove the front door panels?...i didnt install the sony xplods in the front the car came with them...:thumbsup: all help appreciated guys

First, I wouldn't go with Jensens. Second, most likely you will have to modify to get them to fit. You're much better off with 6 1/2s.

Install the X-plods.. Jensen sucks my weiner.

Change it to 6x9's in the back.. that's your OEM bass and a 6x9 will actually sound better. Putting 6x9's in the front would not only take waaay too much time, it would also sound crapty. You'll get way more bass and no midrange, and.. if you care about sound, that's a waste. The car was built with 3 1/2, 6 1/2, and 6x9's (in some cars) for a reason. It sounds GOOD!

I could see you modifying the car to fit some good 6 1/2s, but.. don't waste your time on 6x9's.

Install the X-plods.. Jensen sucks my weiner.

Change it to 6x9's in the back.. that's your OEM bass and a 6x9 will actually sound better. Putting 6x9's in the front would not only take waaay too much time, it would also sound crapty. You'll get way more bass and no midrange, and.. if you care about sound, that's a waste. The car was built with 3 1/2, 6 1/2, and 6x9's (in some cars) for a reason. It sounds GOOD!

I could see you modifying the car to fit some good 6 1/2s, but.. don't waste your time on 6x9's.

ok cool..if i mod the door for tweeters would it make much difference?...and also if i get a sub n amp..i do like my trunk and i read various opinions about those bazooka tubes..i dont want to lose trunk space i use it for work what to do?

No, tweeters don't make that much of a difference. They're only for the really highs.. (cymbol crashes and stuff) and that's what hurts your ears when the music is too loud.

As long as you get 6 1/2s with good highs, then you should be fine. 6 1/2s with good lows (such as Alpine Type-S's) don't sound as good. Infinity makes awesome 6 1/2s..

Well, you either suck it up and put in the sub/amp, save a little room and get a bazooka, or don't get one at all.

pioneer? no. if you're going to up your speaker system do it right and don't waste your money. what you're looking for when you start shopping for speakers is RMS. I Have Infinity Kappa 6 x 9s in the back which run at 110RMS (almost as good as it gets) and Infinity Kappa components (speaker + tweeter) in the front that also run at 110RMS. (just for reference your sony explodes are going at 60RMS). what that one guy is talking about w/ the pioneer is that the maximum watts is 220, meaning if you you go 1 watt over 220 your speakers are blown and if you run them at 200 watts for a month they'll blow.

do you have a 2 door or a 4 door? with a 2 door (like mine) i would go w/ compnets or 6 1/2s in the front and 6 x 9s in the back. if you have the 4 door w/o the speakers behind the seats, i would either go with components or 6 1/2s all around. another thing you need to take into concideration is your head unit. your speakers will be pretty much useless if your running a stock head unit. i have an eclispe head unit, which is one of the top makers. there are plenty of good head units that do 50W x 4 which is the best you're gonna get, maybe 60W x 4 if you're willing to spend. another thing is before your sub, you want to look into getting a 4 channel 400W amp to run you're new speakers to maximize their performance. that may seem overwhelming price wize but when you do it right it's amazing.

one more word to the wise, don't mix and match products. subs really aren't a huge deal if they're different, but as far as your speakers, you want them to be the same brand all the way around.... different brands work differently and the quality difference will amaze you.

so if you don't want to drop the cash on infinity speakres, sony explodes = crap..... so better ones, lets just say from bestbuy, would be rockford fosegate, for sure. check ebay too they come at insane discounts.

such as theses in the front and these in the rear with some handy add ons like this and this. there you go a kicking system.

thats about all the word to the wise i can give you now, if i think of more later i'll tell you

pioneer? jensen? what the hell?

Eclipse, MB Quart, Bose, Infinity, Alpine, Rockford Fosgate.

Look them up.

bose has turned all aout the name :-( but i agree w/ u

Archived