96, A/C not turning on....

9524tee

Ok, so I filled the r134A in the Accord, it wasnt too low at all in the first place, and then I realized that the compressor wasnt turning on and the A/C fans weren't turning on either...

Any easy fuses or relays I can replace before I go out and buy an A/C compressor from the junkyard?

I checked a few fuses that were named, " compressor fan, cooling fan, etc etc etc and they were all fine... So are there any that are kinda hidden or relays behind the dash or anything?

Thanks for any help, this car is pissing me off and it's been over 80 degrees every day...:pirate:

And not to sound retarded... but it uses r134a fluid correct? lol

Just dont use your ac, my ac is like brand new becuase I have never used it, it puts a pretty big load on your engine, especially if it is really hot out.

Ok, so I filled the r134A in the Accord, it wasnt too low at all in the first place, and then I realized that the compressor wasnt turning on and the A/C fans weren't turning on either...

Any easy fuses or relays I can replace before I go out and buy an A/C compressor from the junkyard?

I checked a few fuses that were named, " compressor fan, cooling fan, etc etc etc and they were all fine... So are there any that are kinda hidden or relays behind the dash or anything?

Thanks for any help, this car is pissing me off and it's been over 80 degrees every day...:pirate:

And not to sound retarded... but it uses r134a fluid correct? lol

I got the same thing going, out of the blue. Hit the switch, the light goes on but nothing. No drop in rpms, no compressor noises, no cold air, no nothing...

I think it's the relay for the compressor, but it's hard to find. Gonna have to go to the dealer. All fuses are good so... There's a wire that comes out of the compressor that leads to the relay. Check that...

Just dont use your ac, my ac is like brand new becuase I have never used it, it puts a pretty big load on your engine, especially if it is really hot out.

Ya, I'm in Phoenix... It's 7am and already 90 degrees out... Come 'not' use your air here...

So today I replaced the clutch relay.. I found it at pepboys. And still nothing.. Pulled of a cap to the freon lines and tapped the spigot there and got a hella blast of freon in my face, so it seems good. shorted the low pressure switch to see if the compressor would go on regardles of freon pressure, still nothing. I guess it's off to the dealer tommorow. Oh and it's gonna be 110 degrees out the rest of this week and for the next two months probably.

But.. I guess I just shouldn't use my a/c to keep it like brand new and it puts a heavy load on my engine, especially if it is really hot out.... ya right.

Nevermind the fact that your supposed to run it once a month anyways to keep everything lubed.

hint: once you get your ac fixed if it still won't blow cold you might have to reach up under the dash and push the butterfly valve closed all the way...don't know if you have the problem, but my accord wouldn't blow cold for the life of me.

the springs on the valve were shot so it was tough to turn the hot/cold knob, and you had to manually adjust it when turned to cold.

Alright, got it fixed... Turns out it was the a/c thermostat... didn't even know there was one or I would have diagnosed and fixed it! Wasn't cheap... 53$ for the part and 350$ for diagnostics and labor. ouch.. So feel free to send me a buck via paypal if this works for you ha! Wish I would have known..

• 1 month later...
Alright, got it fixed... Turns out it was the a/c thermostat... didn't even know there was one or I would have diagnosed and fixed it! Wasn't cheap... 53$ for the part and 350$ for diagnostics and labor. ouch.. So feel free to send me a buck via paypal if this works for you ha! Wish I would have known..

Do you know where is that A/C thermostat located? I am having the exact same issue as yours with my 01 accord.

Archived