just bought a crx si. not sure where to start.

drivefast27

i just bought a 1990 crx si. this is my first import car and i am not sure where to start with mods. thinking about a motor swap and possibly a turbo or supercharger. want a fast car that handles very well. i have always been into american muscle and its time to change things. muscle cars are fast but dont handle worth a damn. car is in pretty good condition but i need to freshen it up or just rebuild the whole thing to handle more power and torque. anyone got some advice for a import rookie. i have been working on cars for a few years so i do all my own work, except for machine work and welding.

i just bought a 1990 crx si. this is my first import car and i am not sure where to start with mods. thinking about a motor swap and possibly a turbo or supercharger. want a fast car that handles very well. i have always been into american muscle and its time to change things. muscle cars are fast but dont handle worth a damn. car is in pretty good condition but i need to freshen it up or just rebuild the whole thing to handle more power and torque. anyone got some advice for a import rookie. i have been working on cars for a few years so i do all my own work, except for machine work and welding.

[/quote''''''''''

[[[[[[[[[[[[[ MY DAVISE TO U IS THAT IF IT ALL HAD TO DO WITH UR POCKET CAUSE U COULD GET UR CAR REALLY FAST AND HANDLE GOOD BUT ITS GOING TO TAKE SOME MONEY OF UR WALLET. BUT U DO NOT GIVE ME ENOUGHT INFO ON UR CAR IS IT PURE STOCK OR THOSE IT HAVE SOME MODS ON IT OR WHAT WE CAN TELL U WHAT TO DO IF WE DONT HAVE THIS KIND OFF INFO.

• 2 weeks later...

Do a ZC swap, get an 88-89 integra ECU, some bolt ons, a clutch, coilovers, strut bars. all of that is cheap and you should be able to run low 15's easy. it'll handle great too because it's such a small, light car.

clutch is unnessacary, make a car plan, incase you decide to swap down the road, very many options, the basics are a good spot to start, make sure your bearings, ball joints, tie rod ends, brakes and all other maintence stuff is done, then invest in some 16inch rims or something, exhasut,(full cat back) header, intake, plan it out before you start spending money, thats my input

Archived