Philidelphia Area Meet

Brian3311

Anyone Located in the philidelphia area interested in meeting up on one of the upcoming saturdays? Like im talking about getting a bunch of people and meeting up in some park or something like that. Just post here if anyone is actually interested.

me and you are the only people on here who live in PA brian.

not gonna happen. there might be a meet in Kentucky or something in the summer...i'm not going though.

I live in MD. That's like PA. I mean, seriously, I drive to PA for fun sometimes. Where is PA are you havin' this meet?

I'm hella in if Pyro brings his pimped out Beetle.

That's awesome, man. I really want to see this thing. It may well be one of the most intriguing cars on HF, which is weird cuz it's not a Honda.

If this PA meet does happen, someone PM me about or make a post in here with all the finalized info. And try not to have it in June, cuz I'll be away.

well thank you. the whole project has bee a long, tough, and expensive ordeal to go through. I'm afraid to add up the invoices..... i'd be safe in saying it was a 15k plus build from the ground up. Haven't touched the engine yet. that was kinda the reason why I came here to check some things out about turbos and stuff, because I knew a lot of you import guys were into that.

So with some spare cash, I've decided to start building my first turbo build here soon! Built on a budget of less than 1200 for the entire engine.

So far I have lined up:

garrett t3 turbo off of a saab 900 - .42 and .48 a/r ratio which will be just about perfect

saab intercooler

holley 2 barrel set up for boost

going to fab up my own header and intake - have some welding skillz so that should be a breeze

gotta look up some more stuff for in the engine. From what i've been told the engine that I have should be able to run good without any problems on 7-15lbs of boost. Just need to swap out the cam for one with less overlap, and replace the head gaskets cause they won't hold boost worth a damn.

should be a fun build for our rail....this budget build isn't going in the bug....i have others planned for it :devil:

How hard is it to put it together? Make a post with some possible times. Let people say when they're available. Choose one. Show up.

If you guys don't organize something, I'm about to set something up. Pyro, I totally wanna see your super beetle.

I'm just waiting on parts now.....this 3 day weekend comming up should be long enough to get everything wrapped up and get it inspected.

had her out this weekend illegally, and i'm 150% impressed with the suspension and brakes. sticks to the road like fukin velcro now! Mainly took her out to see if my fenders rubbed, and well....they didn't even tho the front wheel is about 1" from the fender, and the rear 1 and a quarter inches"

Within 15min after taking her out on the road 2 people complimented me at the gas station and told me it looked bad ass.....one of the greatest feelings in the world when someone loves your handiwork.

You forgot to mention that during those 2 trips, you've ran it out of gas twice... and you didn't mention that you made it the gas station parking lot to only have to push it to the gas pumps... Its pretty sweet looking tho, and runs like a champ. Our friend was orgasming over the fact that he thinks the mid grade made it run better.

Haha. That's nice.

I'll deffo be up to see it later this summer if that's cool with you. If not, I understand, since we're all just strangers on the internet and that's kind of weird.

aw kk np.. how far are you from philly.. local hangout maybe.. not sure

if i take i-95 it's a 20 minute drive....brian lives in chester, about 5 minutes from philly...im down for a meet, you should invite all your friends so we can have one giant meet.

• 1 month later...

I also live in Maryland, which is only a short drive up I-95 - So, a meet in PA would be fine with me... Give me a time and place - I'm there! oh yeah, maybe some directions might be in order, too... (PNUT092101@AOL.COM) 91 Honda CRX

Archived