Mounting and Balancing

Hey guys ive been shopping around and bacically to get my wheels mounted, its gonna cost around 40-65 dollars. Is that what you've payed in the past? And also, should I take somewhere where I know its gonna be done professionally and right? Or some little cheap corner shop?

Hey guys ive been shopping around and bacically to get my wheels mounted, its gonna cost around 40-65 dollars. Is that what you've payed in the past? And also, should I take somewhere where I know its gonna be done professionally and right? Or some little cheap corner shop?

my vote is cheap corner shop, they may be less likely to "bend you over"

but only if your wheels use the standard lead weight on the inner and outer lips, if they use the stick on ones that go on the inside of the wheel (i think that's called static) then I would go somewhere more reputable.

Dude, I used to work at National Tire and Battery, which was like a chain of cheap corner shops. We did good work, especially when people tipped. Just be nice to whoever does it and they won't do a half-assed job.

We have a small shop up town that mounts and balances for $7.50 a pop for us

"Dude, I used to work at National Tire and Battery, which was like a chain of cheap corner shops. We did good work, especially when people tipped. Just be nice to whoever does it and they won't do a half-assed job."

i mean no disrespect, just see a lot of folks get bent over at "chain" type places, doesn't mean it doesnt happen at the corner gas station. is just IMO.

Yeah, dude, I know what you mean. NTB and places like that can be crazy with the hidden fees and crap. Be careful.

Edit: Best bet for places like an NTB or some chain: wait until the managers have gone home for the day. Then offer one of the employees 20 bucks to stay after and mount/balance your tires. That's way more than they would make in commission and hourly. I used to do that crap whenever I could.

Anywhere can do it. Some people are just dumb and don't know how to do it without frackin em up. If you want to be sure go to tirerack.com and look on their site or call em. They have a list of shops that are Tire Rack certified to do wheels. Believe me they're some strict ass standards to get certified!!!

Anywhere can do it. Some people are just dumb and don't know how to do it without frackin em up. If you want to be sure go to tirerack.com and look on their site or call em. They have a list of shops that are Tire Rack certified to do wheels. Believe me they're some strict ass standards to get certified!!!

...sams club is tirerack "certified"...

Archived