just wondering

initial

Hi my names aaron,

I got a '91 accord coupe, which as you know is kinda rare, because most accords come 4 door. but i was wondering how hard it would to switch my car from auto to manual. Can i just swap out the pedals and shift or do i have to custom stuff. I dont really want to have to find a new bass for my project. The 2 door accord looks good and is perfect for this. And i already am ready for the h22 swap i just want a maual setup, because auto sucks.

What i need to know is : how hard would it be?

Would it be easer to get a front clip and just swap over?

would it cost alot?

would i have to go custom / with cutting or positioning the pedals?

thanks for the help.

There's a lot to it besides that. You'll have to swap tranny's, possibly the ecu, if you have cruise then you'll have to install a sensor to deactivate the cruise w/ pedal, etc..... It's not the hardest thing in the world to do, but there's a good bit to it. Oh, and if you get the pedals out of a manual car, there should be brackets that will let you mount them without fabricating anything.

yeah you will have to cut out a place to get the clutch pedal to go, change transmission, ECU, all that.. but im not sure of what the cruise control you were talking about hung? i have cruise and i have a manual.. maybe i am misunderstanding.

thanks guys but i already have the motor, tranny, axles, and ecu with all wiring and sensors for the swap, its just if i want to go fast i want a manual. If i wanted to run bracket racing at 13's to 14's over and over, id stay with the orginal f22 tranny and just build up. but i kno about the pedals and brackets but i want to kno about... the money or time/work invalved...

thanks

Archived