F22B Question

Metalgerm

F22B1 2.2 16V DOHC PGM-FI 2156 145hp@5500rpm 147tq@4500rpm '94-'95 Accord EX (USA)

F22B2 2.2 16V SOHC PGM-FI 2156 130hp@5300rpm 139tq@4200rpm '94-'95 Accord DX/LX (USA)

those are the usdm engines im not sure how much more power the jdm model has or if its a VTEC engine .

I just got my 93 Prelude Si, and the engine blew, so I bought a JDM F22B, I was just curious if anyone out there can tell me the HP and what I could do to get more out of the engine besides a turbo, Thanks.

Did the same swap after running my H23 out of oil. JDM F22B DOHC nonVTEC = 160hp / 148lb

Make sure u check your oil often.

Also, if you left the H23 tranny on the F22 Motor you will notice that your RPM stay about 800 higher than your former setup due to the gear ratios = Good for draging/ Bad for Top Speed.

Good Luck! - go H22 when you get the money, or JDM H23 VTEC if you got the paper.

• 3 weeks later...

hello everyone. Ordered a new engine for my prelude si (h23 non-vtec). The one i recieved was suppose to be a H23 also but come to find out its an F series. Thanks to this forum. But im still not sure which one of the f series it is. What i know about it is that its Dohc so it limits it to 3 different choices i assume the company sent me a f22b dohc that came from a JDM prelude si. But i was wondering what else would tell me for sure which one i have. It looks almost identical to my h23 the only things different where the wiring harness, A/C compressor and bracket, no knock sensor, and the oil coolent system isnt there.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Also can i swap some of my parts from my h23 to increase preformace on the f22? cams, oil coolent system, intake?

• 2 years later...
go to an import junkyard and they usually let you take whatever engine for 100 bucks.. thats what i did.

now i have to collect parts

have an H22a4 longblock in my dads garage right now.

I don't know what junk yard you're going to, but at the ones around here, well as an example: d16z6- $500, b18b1- $400 $h22xx- $800,and these are engines only. I saw a GSR swap sell for $2200 form Smitty's. SE-R 2.5L - $2500, 2.7 Intrepid motor (because they fail so much) $1600.

I also have a question about an F22B engine,

you can see on the tag that there is no number after the B from F22B

199c34029b6660588d05cf729d05a54d.jpg

my question is, what's the difference between an F22B or an F22B1 or B9?

all JDM engines are like that. In all instances i've seen, the jdsm versions produce more power.

Example: 2002-2004 RSX, best motor available in the USA= K20a2 - 200 hp

Same DC5 chassis in Japan at the same time = K20a - 220 hp (Called an Integra type-r in Japan)

Archived