Mods wanted for '91 Si

Z-Dog

Hello all ! I just picked up a 91' Prelude Si in near showroom condition and it is time to start modding 8)

<noob warning !!>

First on the list is a shortshifter, if anyone can point me to where I might find one. I've been searching, but don't know which aftermarket firm would have it in stock. I've tried google and yahoo and all I can seem to find are shortshifters for '92 or later. On the subject of the shifter, mine seems quite notchy, unlike the few previous Hondas i've driven. Is this typical, or a reason to be concerned ?

Also, I am wondering if the stock knob is easily replaced. I have not tried to take it off, but it looks like it may not accomodate the standard round knobs from MOMO and other companies I've used previously in other cars.

Now on to suspension, the car has 103K on it and rides quite well, with stock springs and Tokico shocks (the exact model unknown). I would like to lower the car, as it looks capable of "off-roading" currently. I do not want to end up with a bone-jaring, stiff ride as this car was bought to be my daily driver for making sales calls around town. I know that chassis tuning is a very subjective matter, so please let me know if anyone is intimately familiar with Tokico applications for this generation Prelude, and if you know a compatible sport spring that is compliant. Spring rates would be handy as well ! Does anyone know the stock spring rates for this car ? i want to make the car carve around turns, but not at the expense of ride. Does anyone run swaybars on these cars? Front and Back, Front only? Back only ?

I am wondering if anyone can tell me the name of the color of hte car as well. It is a metallic light brownish tan color; quite unusual and weirdly appealing. The interior is brown. I am amazed at the features of the interior of the car. I am a bit spoiled by the Audi interiors I am used to, but the Prelude has better and more adjustable seats than my 2002 S4 !! Go figure. The lined coin tray is a nice feature, as is the huge and fast moving sunroof.

What are the four most commonly purchased performance mods for this gen Prelude ?

TIA

Archived