98 - 00 Accord Transmission fluid leak

berge

Hi -all!

I'm new to the forum, and found several of your discussions to be very helpful.

My current problrem is that my 98 Accord EX Sedan 4 Cyl. 2.3 L. is dripping automatic transmission fluid. The dealer mentioned that the gasket is slowly leaking. Well - Now it's leaking more and more. If it had a pan, I could pull it off and stop the leak myself. However, I understand that replacing the gasket is a completely different problem.

Does anyone have any exprerience with this? I searched the forums and could find no mention of this topic. Anyone have the gasket replaced? Any idea how much it may cost me? I browsed the Hayne's manual and it gave not detail about how to fix the problem myself.

Much thanks in advance!

find where the leak is commin from , tear what you have to off to get to the gasket thats leaking. and the most important thing of all is next , lol, put it back together the same way it came apart , hehe.

find where the leak is commin from , tear what you have to off to get to the gasket thats leaking. and the most important thing of all is next , lol, put it back together the same way it came apart , hehe.

Cranny,

I am mechanically inclined and do understand how to tactfully take something apart and then re-assemble it. Right now, I just need some opinions about what problems others have run into or if they have had theirs replaced at a shop. If it is not too much, I may just take it in.

Any ideas, Cranny?

Archived