Trouble With Supercharger

JRSCPreluda

Hey I put a Jackson Racing Supercharger on my car a little over a year ago. I also have a v-tec controller (might be the problem). The problems began about 3 months ago. The tires seem to spin when I give it gas. lol just kidding thats not the problem. The RPMs jump around occasionally and sometimes move up to 3000rpm. Sometimes when I come to a stop the car goes dead and might take a few tries to get it going again. These problems do not happen constantly. I found they mostly happen in the afternoon. On one occasion The power-steering went out along with the brakes and I had to hold the key turned to get to a parking spot. I thought it might be the engine isn't getting enough fuel, but that wouldn't explain the RPMs. If anyone knows what is wrong please let me know cause I love my baby.

It is a 2000 and I put 30,000 on it before the supercharger and about 6,500 miles with it. I think I might tear out the vtec controller cause it is a Piece anyway. I see gains from it. Do you have to get a prelude tuned with a supercharger since they require no fuel aftermarket fuel systems and run on stock injectors?

i dont think you need it tuned. how much boost does that pulley your runnin give you? just curious. since your supercharger in fact replaces your intake manifold per say , are you sure all vacuum lines and idle valve is hooked up properly? your plug wires look like there pretty old might be somin as simple as that. if your check engine light hasnt come on than id say its not electrical problem. id get a bigger psi pulley for that ride , get hondata in it and get it tuned man youd have a serious little ride not that its not sweet now. id say your prolem is somin simple dude imo. and get rid of your VTEC controller , junk.

yeah, it sounds to me like it is either vacuum/boost or your idle air control valve maybe. im not really sure. but hondata is the way to go. s200 is good. i used to have jrsc befoer w/ hondata and never had any problems

i can tell ya for sure that if you just bolt up somin to your engine to make boost be it SC or turbo , without adding more fuel, your runnin your engine leaner than originally. i think it was 7lbs of boost you were sayin your sc runs , well thats runnin your engine lean man. id so somin about it if i were you or kablammo eventually. also i can tell you , that if your car is idling and when you hit gas it seems overresponsive , like just touch gas and vrooom revs right up , is a sign of running lean. too much fuel and opposite it bogs , sputters.

Alright I fixed the problem today. The vtec controller ground wire came un grounded. After a few hours I had the damn thing pulled totally out and the ecu rewired. Now it runs beautifully. Although is is running a little on the rich side, but better a little rich than lean. I still think I am going to buy a turbo for it and have both turbo and supercharger. Here is a little diagram for those of you who think it isn't possible.

n113700104_30032045_4409.jpg

Alright I fixed the problem today. The vtec controller ground wire came un grounded. After a few hours I had the damn thing pulled totally out and the ecu rewired. Now it runs beautifully. Although is is running a little on the rich side, but better a little rich than lean. I still think I am going to buy a turbo for it and have both turbo and supercharger. Here is a little diagram for those of you who think it isn't possible.

n113700104_30032045_4409.jpg

rich is bad too you know....the extra fuel can wash the oil off the cylinder walls and eat up your piston rings.

lose the controller and get a real tune.

Archived