91 Accord Brakes

Supra27

I am planning on buying a 1991 Honda Accord as an every day driver. It is in good consition besides the fact that it needs new front brakes. The brakes are included with the car. I was wondering how difficult it is to change the front brakes and a rough estiment on how long it would take to change them. Any help would be appreciated.

ok heres a brief explination if your changing rotors and pads after you remove the wheels,

1. take off the two caliperbolts

2. pull of the caliper and set it on something,(you do not need to remove the brake lines)

3. carefully pry the brake pads out

4. scrape off excess debris on the pistons

5. get an impact phillips drive, put it over done screw holding on the rotor, gently tap it, (then do it to the other screw) pushing in hard turn it counter clock wise trying not to strip it. ( use an impacts screw driver, normal ones will break off in the phillips head)

6. remove the rotor

7. replace rotor

8. tighten phillips screws accordingly

9. replace the calliper with the new brake pads

10. tighten the two bolts holding on the caliper( make sure theres no twists in the brake line)

and your basically done, just dont press the brake for any reason while it is off the rotor.

good luck

and solles, i composed this my self

Archived