which would grab better 1/4 times?

ok, i was planning on doing the LSVTEC, but don't get me wrong, i'm still planning on it.

BUT, i was thinking, what if i built my b18b instead?

so, i was going to list the mods i would do to each, and try to get some replys to see which would grab the better 1/4 times.

LSVTEC:

GSR head, b18b block, arp bolts, b16a2 pistons, chipped ECU (would get tuned also), GSR tranny, aftermarket intake manifold, header, exhaust, intake, stage 2 clutch/flywheel, short shifter, and i think thats it..

for the B18b: block done (arp bolts, b16 pistons) GSR tranny, aftermarket intake manifold, hneader, exhaust, intake, stage 2 clutch/flywheel, short shifter. basically the same, but i was gonna get a port and polish job done (not extreme, just something a little wider) with the manifolds matched, and, lets say stage 1 cams and POSSIBLY upgrading the valvetrain (mild stuff)

i know i can expect 14s with the LSVTEC setup, and i know they are both reliable if done right, but what 1/4 times could i expect with the b18b built? thanks!

I'm building my friends B18B. Shooting for 170whp without headwork (just a RM valvejob). Very attainable.

Don't touch the ports, wider won't do crap.

B16A2 pistons

RM valvejob

RM cams/VT

SMSP header

AEBS IM

Hondata

Archived