About 98 Accord EX Coupe

Rahlac

Hey. I am buying a 98 Accord EX Coupe 2 Door.

Here are the stats:

V6 3.0 Liter VTEC, 115,730miles

Dark Green

Tan Leather

Automatic

FWD

A/C

Power Steering, Windows, Locks, Seats

Tilt Wheel

Cruise Control

Sony AM/FM/CD Stereo XM ready w/ remote

Dual Front Air Bags

ABS (4-Wheel)

Alloy Wheels

Sliding Sun Roof

Spoiler

New Tags in Jan 06

New Power Steering, New Transmission, New IAC Valve (Throttle), New Front and Rear Brakes

Few minor dings and scratches and some oxidation on roof

I am buying this for $7,500 maybe $7,000.

I need some advice on what kind of parts should have been replaced by this amount of mileage, such as timing belts, how much miles can those handle before they have to be replaced?

Is the price worth it?

Anything anyone knows about a 98 Honda Accord EX Coupe that they think I should know before buying so I could ask the owner, would be great.

Thanks for your help in advance!

What is the price at say a honda dealership for a full checkup on the car. Just to see what needs to be replaced now and what needs to be replaced soon?

and does everyone believe that $7,000 for an accord with 115k miles is a good price? Kelly Blue Book good condition says it should be about $7,200, but people should be selling under Kelly Blue Book right?

Hey. I am buying a 98 Accord EX Coupe 2 Door.

Here are the stats:

V6 3.0 Liter VTEC, 115,730miles

Dark Green

Tan Leather

Automatic

FWD

A/C

Power Steering, Windows, Locks, Seats

Tilt Wheel

Cruise Control

Sony AM/FM/CD Stereo XM ready w/ remote

Dual Front Air Bags

ABS (4-Wheel)

Alloy Wheels

Sliding Sun Roof

Spoiler

New Tags in Jan 06

New Power Steering, New Transmission, New IAC Valve (Throttle), New Front and Rear Brakes

Few minor dings and scratches and some oxidation on roof

I am buying this for $7,500 maybe $7,000.

I need some advice on what kind of parts should have been replaced by this amount of mileage, such as timing belts, how much miles can those handle before they have to be replaced?

Is the price worth it?

Anything anyone knows about a 98 Honda Accord EX Coupe that they think I should know before buying so I could ask the owner, would be great.

Thanks for your help in advance!

The new transmission would make me wonder how the rest of the car has been cared for. The low mileage for a new tranny, unless it was beat to death or the fluid etc was never replaced etc.., indicates neglect.

These trannys go forever if cared for properly. The timing belt should have been changed around 80-85K miles. At that time the water pump should also have been changed. Now to the infamous check engine lights on the 1998 models, most are bogus! Tighten your gas cap properly each time unless you want to pay $80 to reset the check engine light. There is a fuse you can pull for 30 seconds and reinsert and it resets the light (as well as your clock and if you have the stock radio you will need to reenter the activation code). Other than that the car is verily broken in and the engine is a real jewel!

Archived