Cold Air or short ram

civicplaya20

I had a off brand cold air, and I have a short ram now (home made). My job has started to pay off and all my bills are getting paid off so I am in the market to get a new intake. I was looking at the AEM v2, but I am curious to what you guys gotta say. Let me know, Thanks

i agree with B16 theres no dam difference , the engine can only suck so much air anyways. ill tell you what AEM V2 is , a way to get guys like you who arent sure of the products to pay 300 for somin that a 100 part will do just as well. stay away from CAI depending on your climate , right now ehere i live its winter and theres dirt and salt all over the orads from snow . think how your engine will feel when your bouncin off 6 grand and all the sudden it gets a big breath of salt and sand. id rather breat heat than dirt , lol.

i agree with B16 theres no dam difference , the engine can only suck so much air anyways. ill tell you what AEM V2 is , a way to get guys like you who arent sure of the products to pay 300 for somin that a 100 part will do just as well. stay away from CAI depending on your climate , right now ehere i live its winter and theres dirt and salt all over the orads from snow . think how your engine will feel when your bouncin off 6 grand and all the sudden it gets a big breath of salt and sand. id rather breat heat than dirt , lol.

I agree about the V2. Not worth the $$$. I prefer CAIs. I've had both, and my low end feels a little better with CAI. My comp software proved it,but it's not much. As for the road salt thing, I take my intake off for the winter. My car won't idle down when it's freezing, and I also worry about the salt!

I agree about the V2. Not worth the $$$. I prefer CAIs. I've had both, and my low end feels a little better with CAI. My comp software proved it,but it's not much. As for the road salt thing, I take my intake off for the winter. My car won't idle down when it's freezing, and I also worry about the salt!

+1.

Do a search on Short RAM vs CAI i did a survey on it when I first joined the forums and a lot of other people have done it also.

Archived