H22A4 HELP BELT TENTIONING, TIMING COVER, AXLE BOOT.

garveysboy

HEY I HAVE A 99 PRELUDE AND I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO TENTION THE ALTENATOR/AC BELT, I WANTED TO KNOW IF I NEEDED TO PUT THE TOP AND BOTTOM TIMING COVERS BACK ON CAUSE THER NOT GOING ON TO EASLY, AND I NEED A NEW CV BOOT ... WILL THE BROKEN ONE TAKE ME 200 MILES WHERE I NEED TO GO LAST ME THE WEEKEND AND DRIVE ME 200 MILES BACK ??

THANX

Come on man just get your crap straight before you fawk somethin up. If u plannin on riding on a bad cv axle that wouldnt be very smart. And it doesnt matter whether you go a mile or a foot if that thing gives out your screwed just get them fixed its only 300 bucks ( I know thats not a lil bit of money but its a lot better than having to get a new car) as far as that other stuff goes just go ahead and get it done right. Is your time more important than your car hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm u decide.

• 1 month later...

Most likely that cover was there for a reason. Put it back!

Anyhow there should be a tensioner screw just below the alternator (Alternator must be loose) Tighten that then tighten the alternator.

Most likely your axles will last for 400 miles, maybe more. They normally do.

^ don't listen to him about the axle's, bullcrap

axle's can give out at any time when the cv joint is messed up, don't drive with that. go buy an axle for $100 and install it yourself, it took me 20 minutes and it just bolts right in, no problem. peace out.

^ don't listen to him about the axle's, bullcrap

axle's can give out at any time when the cv joint is messed up, don't drive with that. go buy an axle for $100 and install it yourself, it took me 20 minutes and it just bolts right in, no problem. peace out.

if im not mistaken the you can adjust the alternater by loosening the mounting bolts and tightening the belt manually.

Archived