Want To Trade91 Gsx Eclipse For A Hatch

gsxtc

yeah man, you would be on the losing end of the transaction. and i was wrong when i said that a 92-95 with a swap would cost more than 5k...it really depends on the swap that it has. if its got a b18c5 swap then its worth more...

why do you want a different car anyway? why not just keep the 'clipse? are the 91's the 2nd gen or the first?

the 91s are the 1g there better then the 2g because we dont get crank walk plus there lighter. i need a new project did the turbo thing to tell you the truth it was too easy to make the car fast wanna try a all motor set up with the right driver my car can break into the 12s

2nd generation sure ae beutiful 95-99 but not a semetrical hood for the turbo my step-mom has a 2001 spyder gs and im abot 5' 10" and if i have to ride in the back seat its not fun buts its also very small in the front eat to

the 91s are the 1g there better then the 2g because we dont get crank walk plus there lighter. i need a new project did the turbo thing to tell you the truth it was too easy to make the car fast wanna try a all motor set up with the right driver my car can break into the 12s

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on 1G's being better.

1st of crankwalk is not that big of a deal, there are far more people with 2g's that have no crankwalk then the few that do. Yes the 1G's are lighter than 2G's but stock vs stock the 2G's are faster. Now once you start modded them the 1G's do have a slight performance advantage (being lighter) but the 2G Eclipses looks make up for that small advantage of performance.

ok heres a plan skip the civic hatch and buy a eagle talon tsi about a 93/94 and put either a skyline turbo on it or a grredy t88h turbo and then do all the internals and it wil lfly

There is no need for a Skyline or Greddy turbo, there are many turbos that are a direct bolt-on for turbo DSM, such as a Big 16G which you can get new for about $600-$700 and tuned properly is good for over 300whp.

Also there is no need to upgrade internals on a turbo DSM as long as you keep power under 400hp. The stock 4g63 engine is very strong allready.

the 2gs are not faster stock they come with more horse power bc there factory boost is 13-14 and the the 1g s is 10-12 and they have a higher compression so that gives them like 10 more horse power but they run equal times stock i agreethat the 2g looks better but the 2g looks more like a girls car, blazer i already have a awd dsm i want a all motor set up thats why i wanna get the hatch

the 2gs are not faster stock they come with more horse power  bc there factory  boost is 13-14 and the the 1g s is 10-12 and they have a higher compression so  that gives them like 10 more horse power but they run equal times stock i agreethat the 2g looks better  but the 2g looks more like a girls car, blazer  i already have a awd dsm i want a all motor set up thats why i wanna get the hatch

Actually the stock bov on a 2G leaks over 12psi and you will only see 11.5-12psi on a stock 2G unless you replace the bov. And a stock 2G turbo is faster than a stock 1G turbo, look around.

And a 2G has 15hp more and like 19tq more tha a 1G. I agree that a 1G does look more aggresive but 2G's look more up to-date.

• 2 weeks later...

"ok heres a plan skip the civic hatch and buy a eagle talon tsi about a 93/94 and put either a skyline turbo on it or a grredy t88h turbo and then do all the internals and it wil lfly"

:crazy:

Yea then tell him how much money he is goin to have to spend just to get the internals workin with that frackin turbo, TOO MUCH!!!! Why trade AWD for some hatchback??? :mad:

http://hometown.aol.com/xsou895x/gsx.html heres pics of my turd lol 2g bovs leak at 15 psi i know 6 people with them the turbo that comes with the 2g i wouldnt even put on a ford fiesta people have gone into low 13s with the stock 1g turbo

I went 13.4 on the stock T25 without raising the boost at all. The only mods were a 3" exhaust, steel intake piping, S-AFC, and a centerforce clutch to hold it. Personally I don't think pulling almost 2 seconds off the factory times with the stock turbo is to bad.

As for the 1G turbo (14B), it has gone into the 12's, but takes alot more than what I listed above to do it.

The 2G's also shift better than the 1G's hands down.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived