ECU

Hybrid95Civic

I need an ECU for a D15B7 so I can make it manual so will I have to change the intake and injectors or can I keep it the same? ANd What will I have to change to make it a Manual if it is an automatic???? I have a tranny that fits a D16Y8 I was wondering if that would work? SO can Anybody Help me out here Just starting in the import game and loving it but not total understand that will mismatch with different engines!! Out HYBRID

id have to say no , ecu will work fine,all you need is mechanical differences. you need axels , the front and rear mounts might be a bit different(was in a 90 swap i did from auto to man, had to change where mount bolted to subframe as well and it really sucks). shift linkage and shifter assembly. also you need pedal assembly and clutch cable(hole should be in firewall already). all engine wiring should be the same.

if your manual is off the same block, you don't need to worry about the injectors and rail, but you do need to get the ecu off of a manual transmission from the same kindof car because a automatic ecu is only designed for an automatic (if you don't swap the ecu you'll hit 80 m.p.h. and your gov. will kick in and shut down the motor)

Archived