Catalytic Converter, a Necessary Good or Evil?

lukpoiwai

Hi,

I am so happy that I have signed up in this forum as I have learned quite a lot!

Anyways, my question is about whether or not I need to change/replace my stock OEM Honda Accord Catalytic Converter if ever this car has one?

So far, I am slowly doing car modification for performance. I have already upgraded to a pacesetter Headers, Cat-back exhaust system and mufflers. Bought AEM Cold Air Intake System as of this writing. Now, I was told by my car supplier that I needed to do an upgrade and by the pacesetter hi flow catalytic conterver to add more hp and better fuel consumption.

I am not sure if they just wanted to sell item, but so far, after taking into consideration all the mods that I have done, all in all I am very happy with the big improvement and impact on my 1993 Honda Accord Coupe. Before, I plunge myself again in buying this item, I would like to seek again your opinion whether its necessary for me or not? Necessary evil question because, I wanted to know if I do change the stock OEM with this one, if there's going to be improvement after doing so.

Any feeback would help me decide within the next few days. Thanks a lot folks!

Kind regards,

Luke

:)

I changed my oem cat to a magnaflow cat and it allows more airflow through the exhaust which does improve the performance. What size exhaust are you using? If you are using the stock cat with a larger exhaust pipe than I recommend that you get one that will match up with your catback system rather than your stock size. But not to contradict myslf if you are using your stock size it would still be better to go with a high flow cat. If I am wrong somebody correct me please. No offense wil be taken.

Thanks a lot Casper on your prompt reply.

Actually, I have no idea what the size is really. All I know is that I upgraded to a pacesetter exhaust system, this includes the full cat-back, muffler, headers.

Since, these are all the modifications that I have done so far not to mention the AEM cold Air Intake System. I think, this car has the OEM or stock cat...

I would like to know if there is a need to upgrade the catalytic converter to a pacesetter cat to improve performance? Thanks so much for all the information imparted.

Kind regards,

Luke

o:)

Thanks a lot Casper on your prompt reply.

Actually, I have no idea what the size is really. All I know is that I upgraded to a pacesetter exhaust system, this includes the full cat-back, muffler, headers.

Since, these are all the modifications that I have done so far not to mention the AEM cold Air Intake System. I think, this car has the OEM or stock cat...

I would like to know if there is a need to upgrade the catalytic converter to a pacesetter cat to improve performance? Thanks so much for all the information imparted.

Kind regards,

Luke

o:)

you don't have to go with a pacesetter cat like i said if you get a high flow cat it will giv eyou a little more horse maybe only 2 or 3 but as long as you get a high flow cat look into other brands to fit a good deal. I got my magnaflow for $90. I don't know what exactly is a good price on one though. If you want to find some more info do a google search on stock cat VS highflow cat

Archived