Need a little help

EGx94

HI! Am new to this forum and I apologize if a similar post was done before. I can't find any. So here goes: My ride is a full stock 94 4dr Civic EX. I bought it last November from a used car dealership. I did not notice that my check engine light does not come on when key is in ON position (So amateur of me. But then we don't have emission laws where I originally came from). So it must have a missing bulb or a busted one (probably missing, dealership trying to conceal?). I would have bought the car if I knew just the same anyway because I need a new ride that day and it was the only stick shift available in Illinois that day. Engine in good shape too and so it would seem just a minor emission related prob. Am in the process of mending the problem before emission time comes. I got bulbs for it now but am a bit hesitant putting it in because someone said I could accidentally trigger the SRS (I dont have airbags on my past cars). Any opinion on this will be of great help. It seems a lot to disable the SRS just to replace a check engine bulb. Thanks in advance for any input and more POWER to everyone!

I've pulled a bunch of clusters & never had an issue with SRS, I've never even worried about it. The only thing SRS in the cluster is the light, the control module is under the dash away from the cluster.

THANKS ap1drvr! That sounds encouraging. i'll do it then. 7:07AM here in Illinois. am off to work. I'll be back online thurs. good morning to everybody!

Archived