replacing a clutch

hurleyint1386

im just wondering, how difficult is it to replace a clutch? i just bought an 89 crx si at 160k miles, and the clutch is starting to go and i was quoted at $873.28 for the clutch kit and installation. if i bought a clutch for around $200 would i be able to put it in myself? because $615 is a lot of money for the installation alone.

That quote was from Goodyear, are there any other big name shops that usually have good prices? I just don't want to get screwed over by good year. They told me it would cost $90 to flush and fill the manual transmission fluid, and I went to Jiffy Lube and it cost $34

That quote was from Goodyear, are there any other big name shops that usually have good prices? I just don't want to get screwed over by good year. They told me it would cost $90 to flush and fill the manual transmission fluid, and I went to Jiffy Lube and it cost $34

$90! Holy sh*t, it only takes 2 qts. of fluid. The Honda MTL is maybe $10-12 for 2qts. & it's easier than changing oil. The GM Synchromesh fluid would run you about $16 for 2 quarts.

Go to a smaller local shop & get a quote. Clutch replacement isn't a newbie job, if you have the proper tools & automotive skill then yes.

That labor quote is absurd.

$90! Holy sh*t, it only takes 2 qts. of fluid. The Honda MTL is maybe $10-12 for 2qts. & it's easier than changing oil. The GM Synchromesh fluid would run you about $16 for 2 quarts.

Go to a smaller local shop & get a quote. Clutch replacement isn't a newbie job, if you have the proper tools & automotive skill then yes.

That labor quote is absurd.

yea, i really would like to learn about cars and do things myself, but a new clutch is a little too much to start. id like to get a beater car and take it apart and work on it.

yea, 90 is way too much for a transmission fluid change. ill shop around and see if i can find someone who can do it for cheaper.

Archived