2003 Accord EX radio and dash lights problem

Robdalec

I no longer have any display on the radio nor do I have dash lights around the radio. The radio plays fine and everything else in the car, including the lights in the instrument cluster are fine. I visually checked all the under dash and under hood fuses and didn't find anything. I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone has on finding the problem. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 2006 Accord EX V6 Coupe. At around 60000 miles the backlight went out on the radio and ac buttons. All of it still works but you cant see the buttons backlight or the radio / ac display. I have read a lot of forums other than this one and it looks like there are a lot of people experiencing this same problem. I havnt taken my car to the dealer yet but from what everyone else says its in the hundreds of dollars to get this problem fixed.

One post that I read said that they contact honda customer care and they sent them to a dealer where the problem was fixed for free. I am going to go that route and see what happens. I am hoping that a recall is taken for this issue because I dont have the 3 to 8 hundred dollars to fix this. :mad:

Archived